1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Lesbian Blushing

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by lavender_dreaming, Jan 12, 2019.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. lavender_dreaming

lavender_dreaming When life gives you lemons, make a lemonade!
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone, does anyone have the same problem with blushing? I mean...sometimes I blush and it makes moments of my life embarrassing. It happens even in situations when its completely unnecessary, like when I speak with a girl (and it doesn't have to be my crush, but if she's just pretty is enough), at school when I'm buying a coffee, shopping...etc. I usually wear make-up to cover it, which helps a lot, but when I don't and try to go for a more natural look or when I'm lazy to put it on it makes me worry.
    I'm not out and I'm still getting used to being accepted by society a little bit step by step, I started wearing just a subtle rainbow badge on my backpack. (I take it as a big step forward xDD) Even worse is the situation when I think someone could be also gay and possibly read my aura as well, at those times I just want to run away and the blushing also occurs. I thought I've accepted myself as a lesbian already, but this seems like I struggle with being one in a society...I don't know. Would've thought I'd be fine...

Am I doomed to wear makeup the rest of my life or do you think it'll pass with the time?
    Any similar experiences?

2. LaneyM
    Bookworm

LaneyM Dedicative Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    I am a fellow blusher, one of many lovely side effects of my social anxiety lol. Usually happens when I'm stressed or caught off guard, or of course embarrassed/talking to cute girls (even though I'm in the closet). I try to just power through it. People often don't notice it as much as you think, and if they do, the worst thing they can do is make a comment. I try to force myself to stay in an interaction when it happens, instead of obeying that fight-or-flight response. If you can keep saying what you want to say, then your anxiety loses some power over you and you'll come across with confidence. This is usually what they do in therapy (which can help if it's an option for you!): desensitization, where you gradually get used to the feared situation through repeated exposure until you have a diminished response to it.

You aren't alone, and you can come to feel better about it with time. Good for you for putting that badge on your backpack :D 

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. Karol Aguilera

Karol Aguilera Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I know I am a blusher. I still have sone problems with embracig my orientation, but I do blush.

If the girl is pretty, my type, or my crush, I blush like mad. I can't help it. I think Laney got some good advice though.

Though, I guess I don't mind my own blushing since it apparently makes me look "cute" or so I am told. Though, I'm pretty sure they only say that just so I could blush more.

4. TaraSc1315
    Fine

TaraSc1315 Great Learner
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Ugh i do. I haven't figured out how to control it and makes me so embarrassed and pissed off. Happens any time...when im talking to friends, husband, family, students. I don't understand why it happens.

5. LaneyM
    Bookworm

LaneyM Dedicative Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Anxiety sucks. The only benefit I can think of is that it's given me empathy to encourage others when I see them struggling. But if someone rejects you because of something like this, they have problems, not you!

6. lavender_dreaming

lavender_dreaming When life gives you lemons, make a lemonade!
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Thank you all so much for you replies and reassurance that I’m not alone.❤️ (Sorry I’m so late I had some school work to do.) It’s really embarrassing at times, but yeah as you said it’s probably about getting used to these situation and let’s hope it’ll get better. I have a derpy and potatoish personality anyways.. it’s tru that only my closest friends usually tell me when I’m blushing, others do keep silent haha..And I’ve never encountered people would be rude or smth

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.