1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Trigger Warning! Bisexual Gal With Anxiety and Depression

Discussion in 'Disability' started by Blossomheart1, Dec 1, 2019 at 3:59 AM.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Blossomheart1
    Cheerful

Blossomheart1 I am homoromantic bisexual <3
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Having anxiety and depression as a bisexual is extremely difficult (Yes, diagnosed anxiety and depression can be a disability). I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Bipolar Depression (Different than Manic). I have had internal homophobia since 13 years old (When I realized my same sex attractions). My anxiety and depression only fueled this. I recently have started therapy to help accept myself, and to deal with the shame I feel as a Christian who was brought up conservative. The therapy has helped a lot, also researching clobber passages in the Bible, praying to God for guidance, and support from friends and some family. A couple weeks ago, I almost committed suicide, but at the brink of doing so, I decided to get help instead because I knew God wanted me alive for a reason. I went to a crisis center, where they helped me get closer to accepting myself as bi. This is when I started therapy for this reason. I have a therapy appointment set up to continue getting closer to full acceptance.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
    #1 Blossomheart1, Dec 1, 2019 at 3:59 AM
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2019 at 4:00 AM
  2. Corvus
    Chatty

Corvus Agender chatterbox
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,079 / 0 / -0
    I'm glad you reached out for help before making a terrible mistake. Remember that nothing is bad enough to end your life and that while you're a member of our family you are never alone. Any time you need help reach out to us and there will always be someone here willing to help.

3. Blossomheart1
    Cheerful

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Thank you so much, I really appreciate it :) 

4. Bornunderabadsign
    Cloud_9

Bornunderabadsign Transfeminine Natural Disaster
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,234 / 0 / -1
    Nothing wrong with getting help. I've been hospitalized for mental health reasons a number of times.

I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder, mild OCD, and Bipolar II. So I understand.

Accepting yourself as LGBTQ+ and Christian is hard. But, it is Possible. God loves you. You aren't sinful. You are you. God doesn't make mistakes. God bless.

5. Blossomheart1
    Cheerful

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Thank you, it means a lot! :) 

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.