1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Gay Best apps to know someone?

Discussion in 'Gay' started by AimizuK, May 18, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. AimizuK

AimizuK Curious Explorer
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Hello. How are you doing with the COVID-19 situation?
    I hope everyone is safe and fine.

I have been using some apps since three or four months (before the virus) and Im not very happy with some of them.

First of alll, you have to pay for everything in this apps.
    I use mainly the famous Grindr, Tinder and Badoo.

The first one is maybe the easier to use becase you have not to pay for every service you want.
    The problem with this app is that the people here are only searching for sex in the 90% cases. You only find nude chests and some dicks pics... and its pretty difficult to find someone who is not looking for sex.

The other two are very similar, and people is not loocking only for sex. But the apps want you to pay for EVERYTHING. You cannot even see who liked your profile.

There are any tip to use these last two apps? Or there is another one which is easier and more accesible to people who doesnt want to spend money in this kind of apps? Because I know my straight friend found his girl in Badoo.

2. Iharos
    Bookworm

Iharos Addictive Contributor
    Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Hey there,

This is probably one of the most problematic issues in our gay community. I guess that which ever app you sign up on, you'll find a great majority of profiles focussing on sexual encounters. I do not condemn that, but I do get your frustration with it.
    I do not know whether I can actually recommend PlanetRomeo (there a homepage and an app), or not. For one, I feel that the percentage of people looking for chats and that are maybe on the nerdier side is higher. On the other side, the naked-torso profiles are omnipresent on every gay app, I'd suppose.

This will very much also depend on the region/country you are in. If you google-search for 'gay dating app' you'll find a big bunch of them. Best is probably to go and check them our for yourself, and stick with what makes sense to you.

In case you live in a somewhat larger urban area, you could, alternatively, also look for groups of common interest, as in sports, board games, creative writing etc. You might meet some nice people through that. There's an app called 'meetup' which can provide some help. Or maybe there is an lgbt sports club somewhere nearby.

Just some ideas. I hope at least one is of some help. :) 

3. JayR

JayR Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey :)  I'm in the same boat. I've been using Grindr and Zoosk but decided to try smth else... Currently testing the app I saw on FB (keyou.one) Well, nothing super special but not bad for chatting.

4. JayR

JayR Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    By the way, I've already set there a date for the after-corona-time hehe
    many of my friends including gays met each other online and some of them are still happy together. I also met one of my exes in menevent. Though of course all these apps don't guarantee anything but they give certain opportunities to modern people and help us on our way to love :) 

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.