1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Gay Awkward situation

Discussion in 'Gay' started by Westicles, Oct 8, 2018.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Westicles

Westicles Curious Explorer
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -3
    So I'm 16 and I'm pretty sure I'm gay or bi. Anyways, I was writing a letter for one of my friends and I mentioned that I had sucked someone's dick (she already knew as I had previously told her). Anyways, my mum found the letter and read it.... so she gave me the talk about how it's OK to be gay and that she'll love me no matter what, but just that it can be a hard life to live.
    Anyway so I just denied that I was gay, and said that bit about cock sucking was a joke....
    Problem is, it's really awkward between us now. I'm not looking to come out to her or anything, just wondering if you guys have any tips to end the awkwardness?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

2. mask1985
    Dreaming

mask1985 Shy bi guy
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -2
    It sounds like you have a good supportive mum there which is great as not everyone has that. She isn't fooled by what you have said about it being a joke though and seems like she may be just giving you some time to get comfortable with the idea without any undue pressure. Only you can decide when and if you come out to her and anyone else. From reading your other post I would say don't rush to come out to her as anything just yet. Educated parents understand that things aren't necessarily totally clear with regard to sexuality, particularly in your teenage years.

3. Westicles

Westicles Curious Explorer
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -3
    Thanks for the advice

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

4. angel70
    Supportive

angel70 The Old Guy
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +4,470 / 1 / -32
    Hopefully, you're not thinking of dating the girl you mentioned in your other post for the sake of persuading your mother that you're straight after all. That would be using the girl, and your mother would figure it out pretty soon.

Since everybody else thinks you're gay, it's logical that your mother wouldn't be the only one in the dark -- letter or no letter. The awkwardness is probably more on your part than hers -- you're the one not ready to talk about it. It sounds like she'll be ready when you are, though, so the sooner you can get past the common adolescent trait of automatically lying to your mother, the easier life will be for both of you.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.