1. $1. For $1 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to make a donation. Thank you!

Au Naturel

Discussion in 'General (Off Topic Lounge)' started by PaxAeon, Mar 23, 2017.  |  Print Topic

$1 - Support the site and go ad free for life for $1. Click here to make a donation.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 12 users.
  1. tfrs
    Feminine

tfrs The southern lady
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +114 / 0 / -1
    my former best friend and my first love (long story) moved here to the country from Norfolk and after he lived here a two days he said to me "i actually saw the stars last night , it's so peaceful here nothing like Norfolk, its is crowded and busy over there and you can never see the stars, here you can see all the stars"

#21 tfrs, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  2. William M
    Wishful

William M Reliable Contributor
    Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Mary loves to get naked with an audience. We have always lived in cities. We've visited several nudist resorts. There are also parties. She has been called the life of the party. Yes, she has been naked at many parties, prancing around on the deck. She loves the hot tubs.

#22 William M, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  3. angel70
    Supportive

angel70 The Old Guy
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,824 / 1 / -17
    I've enjoyed going to nude beaches for over fifty years.

There are nudists in the city, by the way. Look down from the top of one of the taller buildings in lower Manhattan on a warm, sunny day, and you'll often see naked people sunning themselves on the rooftops of shorter buildings below.

4. PaxAeon

PaxAeon Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I live in a rather secluded area. My nearest neighbor is about 6 miles away.

5. CookieDaCook
    Procrastinating

CookieDaCook Part time Man of Steel, Full Time School Cook
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Lived in the country almost my whole life, baring six months in a refurbished motel along a length of highway. And right now we live in a place with a single functioning bathroom so it's not unusual for me to make a mad dash to the god damn pine trees to drain the main vein. And I've been known to do the occasional bit of nude late night laundry.

6. Barefoot
    Horny

Barefoot Casual Observer
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,234 / 2 / -11
    Yes, screw the neighbors; don't like it don't look, and there's a naturalist resort nearby which I really like.

7. AudryLeigh
    Confused

AudryLeigh tGirl and Dedicated Advisor

Ratings:
    +744 / 0 / -15
    I have, many times, and I live in a city. I built a very large deck with a view screen that does not stop breezes, and the contractors that built my subdivision left all the big trees so, from my deck I see huge trees (one is nearly 200' tall), blue sky, birds, squirrels, feel all the breezes, smell the trees and grass - it's heavenly. Also, just a few miles away is a big island at the confluence of 3 branches of the Willamette River that is a "clothing optional" State Park. There is beach (rocks, but - oh well) around much of the island, acres of woods, miles of foot paths, open spaces and lots of private little nooks, both by the water and in the woods, nice tall grass to walk through, meadows to bask in, a good swimming area, a smaller island near by... It's a wonderful place. Plenty of people, but no weirdos (the "normal" nudists run them off), and plenty of space without [other] people, and just minutes, on foot, from places to get snacks, soda, beer, wine, etc. People even bring their kids there. All kinds of people use the place, straight people, LGBT+ people... When we're naked, we're all the same (except for me - I'm a pre-op transsexual woman, so I look odd to some people, but nobody seems to care. They just look and then go on with whatever they were doing). If it didn't freak so many people out, I'd never wear clothes.

8. Valarmorghulis
    Dead

Valarmorghulis Opai dragon !
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +825 / 20 / -305
    I believe there is a law on public indecency

9. PaxAeon

PaxAeon Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    True but that depends on the state and municipality. Laws covering "public indecency" vary greatly.

10. Valarmorghulis
    Dead

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +825 / 20 / -305
    Indeed maybe the US is a little more lax but In the uk a few people have been done for it. it is kind of inconsiderate of the people around you in my opinion.

11. AudryLeigh
    Confused

Ratings:
    +744 / 0 / -15
    Everywhere I have been where people are nude "in public", there are ample signs posted announcing the area as a "Clothing Optional" area, and forested areas, hills, etc. or solid fences to block the view. So, in a way, it's not public at all. I know a lot of people who enjoy being nude and none have ever unexpectedly encountered a non-nudist. Conversely, I know of no incidents where a non-nudist has unexpectedly encountered a naked person. Nudists are not exhibitionists. Flashers and exhibitionists are socially unacceptable and there are laws against such behavior.

12. Valarmorghulis
    Dead

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +825 / 20 / -305
    oh nudist beaches and things are fine.. its just public nudity randomly i object too :p  for instance at a mall or park etc i think it is just a little disrespectful of everyone else who might catch a glimpse of you :p  especially any children.

13. AudryLeigh
    Confused

Ratings:
    +744 / 0 / -15
    I totally agree. Such behavior is considered unacceptable by pretty much everyone, and generally gets the offender (and it is offensive) arrested, or severely chastised and run off by bystanders. I don't think we disagree at all on this subject.

Audry

14. Being.
    Depressed

Being. Rip Me Apart
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +517 / 1 / -8
    I dislike being naked. So no.

15. AudryLeigh
    Confused

Ratings:
    +744 / 0 / -15
    Not unusual. So just don't go to places designated as "clothing optional." Simple as that.

Audry

16. PaxAeon

PaxAeon Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Excuse me? I don't understand what you are commenting about. I live out in the country. 6 miles from my nearest neighbor, 12 miles to the nearest gas station. 15 miles from the nearest town. What people around me are you referring to?

In the US, the states and local municipalities decides what is indecent exposure and even then, it's up to an officers discretion as to whether to enforce such standards. Some backwards communities consider breast feeding in public, which I have done, indent exposure.

17. Valarmorghulis
    Dead

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +825 / 20 / -305
    G did I mention your name pax? No I didn't so keep your defensiveness to yourself. It happens in the uk and I think it's a bad thing ok?

18. PaxAeon

PaxAeon Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    True enough. There are some public beach areas around here that are informally considered "nude" for people getting tans and swimming. The community doesn't mind but what will not be tolerated is sex out in the open. Nudity and sex are not the same.

#37 PaxAeon, May 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2017
  19. Valarmorghulis
    Dead

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +825 / 20 / -305
    So you would let little kids see you nude? :p 

20. Barefoot
    Horny

Barefoot Casual Observer

Ratings:
    +1,234 / 2 / -11
    Where I live it's legal for a woman to be topless in public. It's not often seen because it's socially unacceptable and a policeman might ask her not to but he cannot prevent her from it nor charge her with anything as long as she is just minding her business and not doing anything sexual. Genital areas must be covered in most public places except designated nude beaches and certain other places. There are several naturist clubs, one for gay men with an outdoor hot tub which I quite like. ;)  The scenery ;)  isn't bad either lol.

21. Jayme82
    Chatty

Jayme82 Dedicative Advisor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -1
    I live in the country near the woods I've been many places and it made me realize that I would never want to live anywhere else fresh air and wild animals running around I just love it