1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Lesbian Attracted to a specific type of women? What would that mean?

Discussion in 'Questioning & General LGBT' started by Elisa Carta, Jun 29, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. Elisa Carta

Elisa Carta Lurker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone!
    I am hoping to get some insight on my situation.
    I have always thought of myself as straight, however ever since my teenage years I have felt very attracted to "masculine" or "butch" girls (I hope these words are not offensive, english isn't my first language).
    Recently I have been having a huge crush on a waitress at a bar I go to very often. The attraction I feel towards her is very much like what I would feel towards a guy I'm attracted to. I've imagined us kissing, etc.
    How would you interpret that? I have never felt aby kind of attraction for a "feminine" woman

#1 Elisa Carta, Jun 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  2. starlightprincess

starlightprincess Dedicative Advisor
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -1
    To me, it sounds like you are probably attracted to her. Its important to know sexuality isn't really a black and white thing, I don't know if I believe people even have "types". Sure, there are things people tend to find more attractive, but sometimes you fall in love with someone who doesn't fit that mold at all. I tend to be attracted to VERY feminine people, but the last 2 girls I liked weren't super feminine, they were both kind of in the middle. Looks too are not everything, I know for me I tend to notice personality first and if they seem like good people who treat others and me well, I then fall in love with their looks too. I think the fact that what you feel for her mirrors what you have felt for guys, its a pretty much definite indication that you are crushing on her.

3. KellyQuinn

KellyQuinn Lurker

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I think it could mean that you are specially attracted by "masculinity" no matter what's between the legs. And then after meeting people you may be able to see further than what your eyes can perceive... But you know, labels are not really good when we're talking about gender and love.
    Happy Pride anyway

Envoyé de mon COL-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

4. Tatiana_96

Tatiana_96 Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hey girl! Just read this and I just joined this chat website as well. I would interprete this as you finding someone attractive and also just having a little crush! And I think this is okay!

You mentioned you found that "type" of woman attractive since you were a teenager & I dont think there's anything wrong with you noticing that. I noticed I am attracted to a more masculine type of woman as well. Masculine dressing & also masculine energy. I'm also questioning my sexuality. (I'm still deciding if I'm bisexual or bicurious.) Though I'm open to the fact that I may meet a femine women I'm interested in down the line, and that I can't predict everything.

I agree with what starlightprincess said earlier too that it's not black and white and that what we find attractive may change.

I also agree with KellyQuinn saying you may be attracted to "masculinity". I noticed that about myself in attraction is I love masculine energy male or female.

However with that being said, I don't think theres anything inhererantly wrong with voicing that you have a type: physically, personality wise, energy wise, etc. I think that is okay to notice! And I think it's okay to think about and address. And that doesnt take away from the fact that it may change & that of course personality matters. :) 

I would maybe ask yourself more questions and be open to the possibility of what may happen with this woman or future women.

I am on a journey myself and i'm still very far from finding my own answers, but still wanted to give you some reassurance that you are not alone!

I wish you all the best in your exploration! :)  ❤

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.