1. $1. For $1 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to make a donation. Thank you!

Attention!!! Horror movie fans

Discussion in 'TV & Music' started by Jayme82, Sep 30, 2017.  |  Print Topic

$1 - Support the site and go ad free for life for $1. Click here to make a donation.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. Jayme82
    Chatty

Jayme82 Addictive Advisor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +449 / 0 / -1
    I've loved horror movies since I was young my mother and I would watch them together and I would like to share my love of horror movies with you my brother and I created what we call Shocktober Fest every October for the entire month we watch at least one horror movie a day so I thought I would share this with all of you great people here so every day through Halloween I will suggest some at least one movie daily if not more from classics to the present day I hope to see all of you horror lovers here and feel free to suggest your favorites as well I'm always happy to find new movies to watch and here some of your favorites
    Enter if you dare you'll be in for a scare =-O

2. Jayme82
    Chatty

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +449 / 0 / -1
    I thought I'd start the month off with an obvious choice this movie has been adopted by the community as some of you may have already guessed of course I'm talking about THE BABADOOK it's became one of my new favorites those of you who haven't seen it yet I hope you enjoy it as much as I do it's creepy and messes with your head your not sure what's real and what's not while you watch it
    Enjoy the movie and any of you who have watched it already I would like your thoughts on this movie and any other movies I post I know not all movies I post everyone will like but I value your opinion anyway so if you don't like it say so I don't mind all opinions are welcome

3. Being.
    Depressed

Being. Slightly Optimistic :)
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +552 / 1 / -8
    I tend to like horror actions, think "Resident evil" or "Underworld"

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Lesbehonest

Lesbehonest Curious Explorer
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    I Love Love Love horror movies :D 

Jeepers Creepers

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    #4 Lesbehonest, Oct 1, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  5. Jayme82
    Chatty

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +449 / 0 / -1
    Today's suggestion is WISH UPON it's about a high school girl whose father finds a mysterious box in the trash only to later learn it grants wishes with dire consequences it has elements of Japanese horror movies and the Final Destination movies
    TRIGGER WARNING....... there is a suicide scene so air on the side of caution if you've have attempted suicide or have suicidal thoughts this might not be the movie for you

6. AJ27

AJ27 Save a bike and ride a dyke
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    THE BABADOOK is a pretty good movie and truly freaked me out. I love psychological horror movies:) 
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 2, 2017 ---
    Keepers creepers is a good movie as well, I ha e watched that with my brother when we were younger.

7. Jayme82
    Chatty

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +449 / 0 / -1
    Today's suggestion is blend of the old and the new I love that killer doll
    Chucky so for those youngsters out there that might not have yet discovered Chucky let me introduce you to him starting with where it all began CHILD'S PLAY it's one of one of my favorites since childhood and why I never had any dolls around my house now fast forward to 2017 and the latest installment in the series CULT OF CHUCKY it's different than previous installments it has a new twist that makes Chucky even more dangerous than usual I suggest if you have the time watch the entire series whether your getting into it for the first time or just reliving the horror that is Chucky enjoy :) 

8. WiKKiTsoul
    Yeehaw

WiKKiTsoul Healing...
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0 / -4
    Jayme82 good choice with The Babadook even though i kinda thought he was cute =/...Holli and i will have to watch Wish Upon (i know i haven't seen it, not sure if she has) oooooh and i didn't know there was a Cult of Chucky i definitely will be watching that...

9. Jayme82
    Chatty

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +449 / 0 / -1
    Today's suggestion is THE LIMEHOUSE GOLEM it's an English movie set in the 1880's a serial killer is on the lose and it's up to a gay detective to solve the crime alot of the movie takes place in a theatre hosted by a wonderful drag performer and the his theatre troupe who put on great performances some in drag this movie is a breath of fresh air with all of the repetitive movies out there this is a gory high class affair with plenty of twists and turns to keep you guessing who the killer is til the very end
    I hope you enjoy it as much as I did

10. Jayme82
    Chatty

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +449 / 0 / -1
    I just watched GERALD'S GAME and I loved it
    It's based on a Stephen King book of the same name about a woman who finds herself handcuffed to a bed after her husband dies of a heart attack during a romantic weekend getaway in the middle of nowhere with no one to help her and no food or water can she dig within herself to survive? or will she just simply give up and die
    Stephen King is my favorite author some of his books that have been made into movies are better than others and this is one of them
    Also if you haven't seen IT I highly recommend it as well it's another great adaptation of one if his novels also if you have time read the books because they are always better then the movies they are based on

#10 Jayme82, Oct 4, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  11. Jayme82
    Chatty

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +449 / 0 / -1
    My recommendation for today on throw back Thursday is one of my absolute favorites THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE (1974) it scared me to death as a kid but I loved it anyway Tobe Hooper the Mastermind behind the movie recently passed away RIP he had many more great movies too many to mention but I suggest you Google him and discover his vast movie library and watch them also
    You can also watch the TCM sequels and remake before the latest installment comes out later this month called LEATHERFACE this movie follows a young leatherface as he escapes from prison with other crazy inmates but you don't know which one he is until later in the movie

12. Jayme82
    Chatty

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +449 / 0 / -1
    Today's suggestion is a little movie called CONTRACTED it's about girl who is a lesbian and she is questioning her sexuality in doing so she goes to a party where she ends up hooking up with a guy and contracting a bizarre disease this movie is not for the squimish it is gut wrenchingly gory if you've seen Cabin Fever it's similar to that it will make you want to never have sex again there is a sequel CONTRACTED PHASE 2 but I like the original better
    TRIGGER WARNING the main character is a cutter so if you are a cutter or have cut in the past air on the side of caution before watching this movie

#12 Jayme82, Oct 5, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  13. Jayme82
    Chatty

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +449 / 0 / -1
    Today's suggestion is a little independent movie called THE TRANSFIGURATION it's a coming of age story about a boy named Milo who believes he is a vampire is he or is it all in his head?
    I love this movie because it's not your typical vampire fare it's worth a look if your looking for something different
    TRIGGER WARNING one of the characters is a cutter so air on the side of caution if this could be a issue for you personally

14. Halloween
    Batty

Halloween I'd rather burn than boil
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,290 / 0 / -41
    While reading the list I was reminded of really amazing interview that dragqueen Sharron Needles gave, where she talks about her love for horror movies growing up, and how they were actually therapeutic in a way for him.

15. Jayme82
    Chatty

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +449 / 0 / -1
    Today's suggestion is BETTER WATCH OUT it's about a babysitter who's babysitting a 12 yr old boy at Christmas when they become victims of a seemly normal home invasion but things are not as they seem in this shocking and wild movie I've not quite seen a movie like it before it caught me off guard when it shifted from one movie to another I rarely don't see things coming in a movie but I didn't this time if you do pat yourself on the back I hope you enjoy this different than usual type of horror movie
    If any of you do watch it I would really like your thoughts on it

16. Jayme82
    Chatty

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +449 / 0 / -1
    Today I'm going to suggest some Japanese horror JU-ON AND RINGU for those of you not familiar with Japanese horror movies those movies were remade state side as The Grudge and The Ring i love Japanese horror movies if you've never seen those two movies i suggest you watch them and see the differences in the Japanese and American versions of each film there is alot of great Japanese horror movies on YouTube each movie has several sequels so feel free to watch them

17. Jayme82
    Chatty

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +449 / 0 / -1
    I'm going to suggest 2 of my favorites of 2017 GET OUT and SPLIT if you haven't watched these films there definitely worth a look

18. Jayme82
    Chatty

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +449 / 0 / -1
    Today I'm going to recommend a movie by one of my favorite directors Guillermo Del Toro called THE DEVIL'S BACKBONE I hope you like it as much as I do it does has subtitles for those of you who don't like subtitled movies I know some people don't I understand that I used to when i was younger but you should really give this movie a chance even if you don't like them

19. Jayme82
    Chatty

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +449 / 0 / -1
    I just watched what has to be one of the most twisted f'ed up movies I've ever seen called EXCISION if i were you and you think you might be interested in watching it check out the trailer first so you can get an idea of what you'll be getting yourself into but remember you've been warned

20. Jayme82
    Chatty

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +449 / 0 / -1
    Today for throwback Thursday is a little cult classic favorite of mine
    SLEEPAWAY CAMP if you haven't seen it you should it has one of my most favorite endings of a Horror movie of all time did you see that ending coming i didn't
    It has a few sequels you can watch as well although not as good as the original they are still campy fun