1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Asexual Asexual questioning and gender confusion??

Discussion in 'Asexual & Grey-Ace' started by Umm??, Oct 19, 2018.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Thread Status:
This thread is more than 365 days old.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. Umm??
    Tired

Umm?? Lurker

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ok so, any kind of thoughts or advice or anything would be great.
    I think I might be asexual because so far (at the age of 17) I don't think I've experienced sexual attraction but I'm pretty sure I have experienced romantic attraction to people. I think definitely a couple of girls and I'm not sure if I actually was attracted to a guy or if I just thought I should be. But like I don't know where the line is or what people who experience sexual attraction experience. Like do you see a person and think "I want to have sex with them"? I think I like kissing, does that make me not asexual? idk, it's confusing but I feel like it's not too big of an issue because I figure that I like whoever I like in the ways I like them and we just figure things as we go like what boundaries we have and whatever.

On the fun gender confused side of things. I am biologically female and sometimes I look at myself and think "I look feminine and that makes me happy" but sometimes I'll look at myself especially my body and think "I look feminine and that makes me uncomfortable" but sometimes I'll feel like I don't look feminine enough but sometimes I look kind of genderless and I'm happy with it and sometimes I like looking masculine and idk what this all means and sorry for the long confusing rant.

2. angel70
    Supportive

angel70 The Old Guy
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +5,139 / 1 / -36
    You experience sexual attraction in your body. There's an increased blood flow to your erogenous zones, and physical changes in your heart rate and breathing. Sometimes it's subtle, but sometimes you just can't miss it.
    That's an excellent approach! As you build trust with that other person, some sort of sexual contact may begin to seem like a good idea.

It can be difficult to determine if somebody is truly asexual -- some people who think they're asexual actually are experiencing sexual anxiety -- for one reason or another, the idea of sex makes them fearful enough to "turn off" their normal sexual responses. Usually those people still can masturbate to orgasm, because they feel safer when there's no other person involved -- but sometimes even that produces anxiety.

3. naturegal
    Zorro

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    I don't think I'm on the asexuality spectrum, but I do have multiple friends who are as well as friends who are in the trans/non binary community. If you want to talk, I'm here :) 

4. AudryLeigh
    Inactive

Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +3,119 / 0 / -38
    What angel70 said.

Hugs,
    Audry Leigh

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Thread Status:
This thread is more than 365 days old.