1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Are you akissing too?

Discussion in 'Asexual & Grey-Ace' started by MattPayne, Nov 28, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 7 users.
  1. MattPayne

MattPayne Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Just wondering how you all feel about kissing. With me, I am as apathetic towards kissing as I am towards sex. Kissing makes even less sense than sex to me. At least with sex, there is alot of sensory nerves and orgasm. But I simply cannot understand why anyone would want to kiss. Is it some sort of mouth sex? Like a sex simulation? So I thought “maybe I just don’t know till I try it”. So I tried it, tongue and all, and just as I suspected there was no feeling or enjoyment whatsoever. I just felt like an idiot doing cpr for no reason. Meanwhile, she said she loved it and even said I was a very good kisser. I don’t get it, lol

#1 MattPayne, Nov 28, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  2. GreenBayGirl

GreenBayGirl She/Her
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I can definitely relate! I identify as Demi and the thought of anyone doing anything remotely sexual is repulsive to me. In the past when I’ve been in relationships with people I have not been sexually attracted to, kissing, snuggling, everything seemed bizarre and gross. The times I did engage them it felt like a chore. I have been in a relationship where I was sexually attracted to that person and it shocked me how differently I felt about touching, kissing, etc., but only about that person. Even when aroused the thought of someone else engaging in sex was far from pleasant.

3. rinxlen
    Anime Lover

rinxlen Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I can relate as a panromantic asexual I find no point to kissing or sex.

4. lavender_dreaming

lavender_dreaming When life gives you lemons, make a lemonade!
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    this is so interesting to read..because I experienced something similar
    I have no idea how I got to this category of forum, I usually go to the lesbian section

but when I kissed a girl I wasn't attracted to suddenly I didn't understand what's the deal with kissing at all...but with one person that attracted me, which was so rare (and I'm considering I might be demisexual too) it felt completely different even though not from the start

thank you for sharing this as I could relate and maybe understand myself a little bit more

5. Rainstormpoet
    Relaxed

Rainstormpoet Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    There are scientifically proven benefits of kissing another person , like the fact it boosts immune system , reduces stress and anxiety etc.
    It doesnt state anywhere tho it has to be full on french kissing , even a peck on the cheek can work .
    Im personally not akissing but there are benefits. Kisses can also be used as a gesture for example if a mother kisses a childs head or an ouchie ya know.

6. Nina Zenik
    Batty

Nina Zenik Curious Explorer
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I like the idea of kissing, but I never have because I haven't yet met anyone I want to kiss. The thought of kissing most people is ew. If it's possible to be demiromantic, that is me lol.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.