1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Any PC gaymers around?

Discussion in 'Gaymers' started by EccentricBlue, Jun 3, 2019.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 14 users.
  1. EccentricBlue

EccentricBlue Lurker
    Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Going to get back into gaming a bit and I'm looking for some recommendations on the PC. I've played WoW & SWTOR in the past, but what are some recent releases with a good community following? Thanks in advance.

2. Kahlan

Kahlan Addictive Advisor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +900 / 0 / -2
    Metro Exodus 3 was surprisingly good. Having not played the first 2, I didn't know until it was too late that there are multiple endings based on your actions..so note that bit. If you like teams or multi player options possibly Anthem. I've not finished it but it was fun for the time I did play but felt a bit "canned" so I opted to binge my way through ME3 instead.

3. EccentricBlue

EccentricBlue Lurker
    Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for your recommendations. Both look fun and will be on my radar when choosing a FPS. I'm looking for online co-op play for both FPS & MMO. Casual/Fun gaming that wont take itself too seriously. (I say that now)

4. Kahlan

Kahlan Addictive Advisor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +900 / 0 / -2
    MMO's always take themselves too seriously. :-P You'd probably like Anthem. I actually thought I'd hate it, but it's actually quite clever for a Bioware game that most would assume is heavy on the RPG side, but all of that is more optional if you just want to join a team or enter a mission in progress, etc. I tend to like the solo player option the best but it's got plenty of social elements and a pretty high ceiling as far as combat and upgrading is concerned. You can farm legendary gear in grandmaster tier 3, or just take it easy on, well...easy mode. The reason I said it felt a bit "canned" is actually because it does feel a bit like an MMO, which I feel like most of them lack the depth of a good single player game.

5. Butterfly88
    Playful

Butterfly88 Has fallen 87 times and stood up 88
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,798 / 0 / -3
    Stardew Valley is fun. It's a farming RPG.

6. kc_sunshine
    Adorable

kc_sunshine Great Learner
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    Tales of Symphonia on Steam is a good JRPG.

7. Joshua Aaron
    Happy

Joshua Aaron Autistic Bisexual
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    I enjoy playing on the PC, although I currently have to use a Dell 2012 laptop that only has 1gb of Vram, while most modern titles consume way more Vram than that...

I'll have to get myself a job to save up for a gaming laptop or something.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 1, 2019 ---
    Also, try Monster Hunter World. It's pretty neat and fun. Looking at the games you've already played, you'd enjoy MHWorld.

8. -Q-

-Q- Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    DDO

Sent from my Power using Tapatalk

9. AlyBaliBee
    Cheeky

AlyBaliBee Greenhorn
    Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Ive recently got into Elder Scrolls Online which I enjoy or Path of Exile

10. Stormy49

Stormy49 Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I currently enjoy ffxiv I got out of wow SWTOR was good but everything became solo which is odd for an mmo.

11. PanFox

PanFox Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    If you want a variety of games that you can play with others vs a specific game suggestion, I like the games that are on the Steam Client. There are so many games there that you can play against or with others in groups. Origin also has games that are for multiplayer online. I Play games at Steam, Origin, EA Games, and GoG Galaxy mostly.

I myself also a WoW player since 2005, I left WoW about 2 years ago and came back to it for the original game play of Classic WoW and I am enjoying it there. But instead of putting all my time into WoW I am playing a variety of games.

I did a /played for all my 46 characters on WoW on my main account of which I have 3 accounts and added up all the play time and it came up to 11 months 21 days and 15 hours a few years ago. And that is when I realized just how involved I was with WoW that it consumed that much of my life at minimum because I also had created and deleted characters as well which was likely also many hours if not days spent with those characters before ditching them to make a different character.

I tend to play more of the dungeon crawler games as well as games similar to MMORPG's so I play Torchlight II and Dragon Age Inquisition and other games like those.

12. Kahlan

Kahlan Addictive Advisor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +900 / 0 / -2
    My most recent purchase just before leaving the country and thus not being able to play it yet, is Divinity 2, Original Sin. It looks cool and very positive feedback on Steam.

13. Alex-Alexis (Gfluid)
    Balanced

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I used to enjoy WoW and Rift a lot then more recently started playing Fallout 4 and fell in love with the Retro ambiance / Post Apocalyptic theme and have more recently been enjoying Fallout 76, which at launch was more of a beta release last year, but it's slowly coming into it's own I do wish it also had a Single Player mode, but for the most part folks online are pretty decent and it has a decent amount of participation on Reddit and online presence to help you along too.

14. Joe79
    Adorable

Joe79 Curious Explorer
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    PC gamer here. I like survival horror like DAYZ and SCUM and love stuff like Outlast, Resident Evil etc. Also like other stuff, am currently playing Tomb Raider, WoW and World of Warships.

15. Butterfly88
    Playful

Ratings:
    +2,798 / 0 / -3
    Petrichor on Steam is next on my to play list.

16. Claire15

Claire15 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I used to play pc games a lot, Until last year.. I don't play much anymore.. I play craft the world and Streets Of Rogue ( its a new game with lots of freedom ) and the web version of flappy bird lol.

17. Butterfly88
    Playful

Ratings:
    +2,798 / 0 / -3
    I recently got Slime Rancher from Epic Games. I haven't played it yet but I've heard it's good. Hopefully I will like it.

18. Corvus
    Chatty

Corvus Agender chatterbox
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,928 / 0 / -0
    It's a cute little game, good to relax a bit after a day's work. Not really the kind of thing to play for hours on end on a regular basis though. But hey, it was free ;) 

19. Butterfly88
    Playful

Ratings:
    +2,798 / 0 / -3
    Cool :) 

20. Romeo
    Cheerful

Romeo Just hate to be alone
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +486 / 0 / -1
    Wanna play something light tho, some easy and cute game :) 

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.