1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Any other writers?

Discussion in 'General (Off Topic Lounge)' started by LittleGnome, Nov 3, 2017.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 21 users.
  1. Phoenix Reborn
    Fine

Phoenix Reborn MtF, Professional Over Thinker
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +113 / 0 / -0
    I write fantasy and sci-fi. I've been trying to do Nanowrimo this month, but I'm too good at procrastinating everything

2. Bluebird03
    No Mood

Bluebird03 Lurker

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I do like to write! I don't share what I write though, I'm too embarrassed. :p  I don't think my stories are good enough! I enjoy writing short stories. Sometimes they're fantasy adventures, or just silly little feel good ones, other stories are ones where I've inserted myself into the story. :p  Ones about my dream life, basically!

I haven't written anything really long, though. I would like to try writing a proper chapter story, I just have to figure out what it would be about!

3. Halloween
    Batty

Halloween ✞Яick oЯ ✞Яea✞?
    Former Staff Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,908 / 0 / -44
    Yall should start a collection thread for everyone to post their short stories in.

I mainly read non-fiction books, but when I do read fiction it's normally short stories. So a lot of Tennessee Williams and Edgar Allen Poe.

I'm sure id enjoy reading stories written by people on here. The queer-eye I think has a more interesting and deeper perceptive. I bet the writers on here have very interesting stories. - Really curious about the ones based on horror.

[​IMG]

4. Raemazing35
    Cheeky

Raemazing35 Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yeah! writing is a huge passion, I'm currently working on a book type piece that's Fictional but somewhat reality based. Pretty cool, love dabbling in the sci-fi realm as well :) 

5. vayra

vayra Dedicative Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Woaaa.. Lots of writers.. I always stop in the middle. Never finished. Whenever I re-read what wrote. I lost my confidence in my story. Its nice to know you all :) 

Sent from my Lenovo A369i using Tapatalk

6. kala_s
    Chatty

kala_s Hope your Xmas is as lit as the Byers's house!
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I've actually I've been looking for people to read my stories and comment?? I'd be willing to do the same as well... I've written mostly fantasy with a bit of romance i guess... anyone who is interested, message me!

7. Woubleyous
    Amused

Woubleyous Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I currently have a fantasy anthology shelved and a psychological thriller type story shelved. Currently however I am writing a pen and paper game about Demons.
    I also have a few cool ideas and would be delighted if someone wanted to help write, or get me to help write with them!

8. Arachne 90
    Inactive

Arachne 90 Pansexual Aspie Otaku

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I used to love writing fanfiction when I was younger, I'd love to get back into it but I feel so unmotivated/uninspired. I particularly enjoyed reading/writing romantic fanfiction as a kid, but as I got older I realized that as someone who has been diagnosed with Asperger's, I have no idea how other people think and feel, let alone how healthy relationships are supposed to work. I know that when it comes to fanfiction, the bar is set pretty low in terms of quality, but I still feel like nothing I write is ever "good enough"...

9. Ace_of_all_trades

Ace_of_all_trades Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Same here! Though i have only written one post apocalyptic story i promarily write horror. I write tons of poems and short horror stories lol

10. Jackson Marsh

Jackson Marsh Author of MM romance
    Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi. I am a writer (it's how I make my living). I've just joined the site and my blurb is below. I write MM gay romance, gay erotica and, under my other author name, thrillers and comedies - and other things.

My aim is to find a younger guy (writer or who wants to be) to mentor.

I'm a gay writer in his 50s, married and living in Greece, but originally from the UK. I am publishing gay romance novels (with a bit of erotica in them too). I'm here to see if I can meet up with any other writers and help younger writers to develop their skills. Not looking for anything romantic - outside of my writing. I'd be interested in emailing with younger guys, particularly guys who are writing or want to write gay novels/stories.

I have published two novels and one collection of gay erotica so far and am working on novel number three. I have also published 11 books under my other name, have written screenplays (one filmed so far), musicals and theatre pieces.

11. Wazz

Wazz Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I appreciate that this post was a long time ago and that you are not really active here, but I would potentially be interested!

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.