1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Gay Any help?

Discussion in 'Gay' started by dudewithapassion, Aug 6, 2018.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. dudewithapassion

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey, I'm a 14 year old, gay. I have had a friend for 4 years thats been very caring and understanding, who I liked, so I tried building up to a point where I could tell him I am gay and that I like him, and I did it, he sayed that he likes a girl in his class, and that he doesn't like me, but he understood and accepted me. So I got rejected... Is there any way to find other gay boys at this age? I know it's hard to find gay men at adult age so I want to build up before a friendship, or even relationship no, I don't want dating apps.

relationship for me means loving and caring for eachoter, not lust and sex (I am not even old enough for that)

2. Barefoot
    Daring

Barefoot Casual Observer
    Administrator Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,813 / 2 / -12
    I remember that angel70 has answered this kind of question before and he had some good ideas. Maybe he will come along and give some advice.

3. dudewithapassion

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, I'll wait

4. angel70
    Supportive

angel70 The Old Guy
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +4,235 / 1 / -30
    Actually, you weren't rejected -- he's still your good friend, and a good enough friend to stick with you after what could have been an embarrassing conversation. In the long run, that's likely to be a good thing: you get to keep the good friends you make as a teen, but lovers rarely last more than a few months.

How easy it will be to meet other gay boys depends a lot on your school and your community. If your school is progressive enough to have a Gay-Straight Alliance (GSA), you should join it -- even if you're not ready to be out to everybody. If your school is more conservative and less accepting, the best places to meet other gay boys are the clubs and activities that specialize in the arts. Drama clubs, in my experience, draw the most LGBT kids, and there's a higher incidence of gay boys in Chorus than you'd expect by pure chance.

It also helps a lot if you don't try too hard to disguise your sexuality, even if you're not out. You have to be findable on another kid's gaydar.

5. dudewithapassion

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Oh. Thanks for the response, I don't think my school has a GSA, I live in Romania, so I have some disadvantages, gay marriage and in general gay teens/kids are more of a joke, they are not really *approved* if I could say so. I think I got an ideea, I love drawing and I'll probably get better at it, so there should be a drawing club somewhere where I could find gay boys.. The best approach is using weird situations like drawing anatomy for boys and relationships, I think?

I never thought of it that way, I mostly disguise myself because I think if I were to come out a lot of people would gossip me and it would get to my parents, or I'd be awkwarded out by my classmates, one of my friend had the chance for love from a girl named Erin, and he rejected her completely. Now Erin uses another girl from our class to spy on my friend, so I know gossip and information spying is real.

If it were to get to my classmates I would be bullied, my classmates are understanding with me, but sometimes they use those undeerstanding situationsinto awkward and bullying situations, like if I were to come out and my class would know, they would say Alex is gay, lool youu gay, not only that, but I had proven myself to the class to be anti-gay (I disguised myself, by saying some retards are gay, somehow)

Oh it's complicated

6. angel70
    Supportive

angel70 The Old Guy
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +4,235 / 1 / -30
    An art group sounds like an excellent idea -- also, take painting and drawing classes if you can choose them. (Don't overdo the male anatomy -- keep it subtle!)

Also, don't participate in making fun of gays -- you're not the only one who isn't out, and those kinds of joke can hurt. If you have the nerve, you can be the one who says, "That's not really funny." Remember, if you pass for straight too well, no gay boys will try to flirt with you!

7. dudewithapassion

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Got it boss. Thanks a lot.

8. Destabilise

Destabilise Curious Explorer
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    'AlisaVingend
    Lurker
    Male, 21'

Errrrr can you not though? You're either 15, or you're 21. Either way you're breaking the rules, and even if you both are 16&15, it's still illegal what you're getting at. If you're 21, then shame on you for being so disgusting.

#8 Destabilise, Aug 20, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2018

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.