1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Transgender Any advice on using makeup?

Discussion in 'Transgender' started by Perrie.x69x, Mar 25, 2020 at 10:02 AM.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. Perrie.x69x
    Feminine

Perrie.x69x Aka GuyOrGirl
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Most of my dysphoria, like for most people comes from my apperance. Clothes help, but ive never really done anything to change my appearance, other then styling my hair a little different. I want to try experiment with makeup to possibly give me a more feminine appearance, but ive honestly no idea where to start. Anyone have any advice on what i should be looking to buy, maybe some tutorial type videos that might be good for me to learn from?

2. Foxglove
    Frustrated

Foxglove Traveler
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    There are good tutorials on YouTube. It would be very helpful to have a look at some of them, see which ones help you.

My main bit of advice would be to keep it as simple as possible. A lot of tutorials get really involved, making things rather complicated. Eye shadow, e.g., can be about as simple or complicated as you want it to be. The reason I say, Keep it simple, is because that's what my experience has taught me. Even simple stuff makes a huge difference.

I don't use eyeliner, e.g. I think that it would help, but I simply found it too difficult so I gave up on it. I don't use bronzer, either, and never have. I never could see that it would do anything for me.

A quick list of what I use myself:

Moisturiser
    Foundation
    Powder
    Blush
    Eyebrow gel
    Eyeshadow
    Mascara
    Lipstick

That's it. Not much.

Also, different faces have different needs. I myself am white as a ghost, so what I need is color. That's why I use lipstick and quite often eyeshadow because those things give me color and do a lot for me. But because of my complexion and my blue eyes the only shade of eyeshadow I've found that works for me is traditional old blue. So you'll have to experiment. What works for one face won't necessarily work for yours.

Oh--don't despair. Be patient. It took me weeks and weeks before I got things the way I wanted them. But it's quite fun, and you can enjoy it. And once you've got it right, you'll be amazed at the results. You'd never have imagined that you could be so beautiful. It's another reason I say, Keep it simple. The simpler it is, the more quickly you'll get the results you were hoping for. Makeup isn't hard. Just a bit of practice and you'll be fine.

Good luck!

#2 Foxglove, Mar 25, 2020 at 2:53 PM
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2020 at 2:57 PM
  3. Carlita
    Creative

Carlita Aww. How adorable
    Beloved Member

Original Star Trek USS Enterprise (NCC-1701)
    Ratings:
    +806 / 2 / -4
    Maybe start with skin-tone colors. Maybe that's a good start (like lipstick) to where you know you're wearing makeup but others don't. Then add more color maybe every week or so. Blush is also a good starter point.

4. RuneBeau
    Happy

RuneBeau Polyromantic Demisexual Trans Guy
    Moderator Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +619 / 0 / -0

5. Jo A
    Innocent

Jo A The Legend of LGBT

Ratings:
    +1,592 / 0 / -1
    May I also suggest start slow and if there is a store with a makeup counter, go there and tell them you wish to start slow with simple things and build from there.

Or if you are lucking you have a great stylist who is willing to help you when you get your hair done.

Again, start small and build on that.

I must admit to keeping it simple.

Last - if you are lucky and run into the people I had, you can make this fun. I had a blast and the young lady was having fun and hugged me and told me to call her any time.

Peace and Fun to you

6. Perrie.x69x
    Feminine

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the advice everyone, id definitely like to keep it simple, im sure it wont take much just to help a little with looking a bit more feminine. And as for actually buying stuff, im still in the closet and not 100% about going into stores myself just yet, but id definitely like to eventually

7. Jo A
    Innocent

Jo A The Legend of LGBT

Ratings:
    +1,592 / 0 / -1
    When you feel good about yourself and can, know there are a lot of great people out there and can make shopping fun.

The first time is really hard but it gets to be so much fun :) 

8. Perrie.x69x
    Feminine

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Like most of the world at the moment, im not really allowed out for anything other then essentials, so will be a while before im able to do so either way, but for now i have the internet to be buying things.

9. Jo A
    Innocent

Jo A The Legend of LGBT

Ratings:
    +1,592 / 0 / -1
    Sorry, I was remembering the good old day :) 

10. Foxglove
    Frustrated

Foxglove Traveler

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    You'll be able to find everything you want online. But when the great day comes that you're out, shopping in person is lots of fun.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.