1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Any advice on going on a date with non-binary person?

Discussion in 'Agender/Non-Binary/Fluid' started by ThatGuy1998, Jul 23, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. ThatGuy1998
    Loved

ThatGuy1998 Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi! So recently one cute, sweet, caring, funny and smart AFAB non-binary person caught my eye...and we started to date! Now they're my datemate! :) 

I'm so lucky! They're amazing and they're in love with me! Yippee!

Any advice on how to behave around them? Any advice on going on a date with non-binary person (particularly with an agender)? Really don't wanna fuck up...

Thanks in advance for your help :) 

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. yeeingmylasthaw
    Yeehaw

yeeingmylasthaw Disaster Pan™
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Treat them like you would any other person that you would date, with respect. Make sure to use their correct pronouns, use the terms that they want to use (ie. partner, datemate, enbyfriend, lover). A big thing to remember that I've personally had trouble with is to always use people's correct pronouns, even if you're mad at them. The fact that you're asking about this is great though, I wish you luck.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. ThatGuy1998
    Loved

ThatGuy1998 Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    But before them I only dated men and women. How should I treat them?

Also, I think they've been very dysphoric lately. Do you think I should buy them a binder?

4. WhispyLove
    Happy

WhispyLove Dedicative Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +143 / 0 / -0
    I've been in a long term relationship with a non binary AFAB but they are more on the male side. He (I call him a he and he's fine whichever I call him) gets very bad dysphoric days. The best thing for you to do with your love is to just love them. Show them what they mean to you and make them feel like their gender doesn't matter, because for you I can tell it doesn't. You seem very smitten with your new love. It won't be easy loving a non binary but like anyone all they want is to be accepted and loved for who they are and how they feel. The best advice I can give you is talk to this person if you feel you aren't sure what to do. All the best to you and your new Love

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. Violette_O

Violette_O Just a peak

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Don't be afraid to ask questions when you are unsure. Be honest upfront that this is a seminew experience for you. Ask if there's anything you should know upfront or any preferences they have.

Also if things get physical make sure to talk about boundaries up front. Don't be afraid to be honest and if you are confused just ask.

Most people are understanding and as long as they can see you are making a good faith effort they will cut you some slack if you mess up.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.