1. $1. For $1 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to make a donation. Thank you!

An 18 plus forum?

Discussion in 'Feedback, Suggestions, & Bugs' started by Carlita, Jul 23, 2017.  |  Print Topic

$1 - Support the site and go ad free for life for $1. Click here to make a donation.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. Carlita
    Creative

Carlita Lesbian and Lovin' It!
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 3 / -4
    I was thinking. A lot of heterosexuals have a lot of false connections on what homosexuality is and relate it to sensitive topics. Also, there are people young as 14 come on this site.

To have a full range of conversation between adults as well as the regular population, I suggest having a 18 and up forum. The other site I go to with the same program has it built that we have to ask permission to participate in the forum and/or our age would be shown in our profile. Subjects are not X rated and have no illegal content.

It gives people of all ages a chance to talk about things topics related to the LGBTQ community but to where older peers relate to each other as well as younger ones.

#1 Carlita, Jul 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  2. Zima Blue
    Cynical

Zima Blue Genderfluid transgender person MTF she/her Pan
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -12
    Well actualy ive seen 13 year olds here. But its a hard thing to manage. I cant see how they would verify peoples age. Identity papers are easy to optain and or photoshop.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Valarmorghulis
    Dead

Valarmorghulis Opai dragon !
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +792 / 20 / -287
    Yeah as zima said how do you regulate what ages people really are. This is the internet. Also there is the fact that i'm not sure if our admins even have the power to create a new section at the moment.

4. Carlita
    Creative

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 3 / -4
    Actually, I dont know. On the other site, we have a lot of regulars. Its annoying but I think some of the mods guess based on the conversations. Sometimes they think all trolls are young. Then I realized Im older than the staff mod. But at least having a forum would give a warning that topics arent young age related. It gives liancy for people older to talk among peers and also it lets younger (well between 18 and 20ish) to know there are people they can talk with not just their peers. That or have two or three rooms dedicated to age range.

Its not perfect but it allows more flexible topics many young people probably would see differently than their older peers.

5. Zima Blue
    Cynical

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -12
    But i really have only seen one thread here that was like in the grey area, in regards to young people. Nothing xrated or such, just a bit heavy subject that got a bit heatet. I really dont see the need for regulations like that here.

6. Valarmorghulis
    Dead

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +792 / 20 / -287
    If you don't like it just use the other site? not hard really :/

7. Carlita
    Creative

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 3 / -4
    Its not a regulation. Its more:

Forums

?---21

20s
    30s
    40s
    50s+

If you have been on sites that have age range, you'd notice older LGBTQ people sometimes want to talk amount their peers. Also, based on what I,see here, a lot of people are younger than me anyway.

Other sites have it in one way or a other. Its a suggestion for the courtesy (not belittlement) of people of all ages. Unless this site is only for young adults.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 24, 2017 ---
    I havent been on long so sounds good. The other site I go to is a religious debate and discuss. We have sections for all religions mods can think of, general sections and sub sections like here, debate forums, and forums specifc for LGBTQ community.

The difference, unlike this site, is they tuck the LGBT forum in the corner. You have to ask permission to the mods to join and many dont know it exists. This site is very nicely put together.

I just hope people are nice and courtesy here as they are to some extent on the other site. Sometimes I wonder. Otherwise, I love this site.

#7 Carlita, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  8. Carlita
    Creative

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 3 / -4
    I wouldnt make it to where you ask permission. Thats just the other site. Id just make forums dedicated to age as we have dedicated to each member of the LGBTQ community. Haha, but no. Just a suggestion for courtesy of the older folks that come here.

No need for sarcasm. This is a suggestions and help forum. Suggestion not pushing for regulation.

Sheesh.

#8 Carlita, Jul 24, 2017
  9. Zima Blue
    Cynical

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -12
    Well i think its good that people of all ages can talk. Young people can often benefit from advices we older ones can give. And they can still connect to others round thier own age. The same can older people. for eksambel there are a thread for women 30+. I also write with people my own age, in chats and pm´s. So all in all i think its a good thing to mix people of all ages. And i think the mods a quick to react if someone misbehaves.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  10. PaxAeon
    Spaced

PaxAeon Bene Gesserit
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +857 / 0 / -16
    `
    1) The forums "Admins" are responsible for this sites coding, which would include navigation and additional rooms. From my understanding, they acknowledge that there needs to be upgrading here but are working out some legal logistics first. Mods will keep you informed of any pending changes.

2) Wherever their are minors online, there is always the real threat that "child predators" will also be there. ALWAYS. The mod staff here is very cognizant of that and is consistently monitoring and acting on such individuals and situations.

Let me add however, it would help out greatly is the members here report (using the "Report" icon) anything or anyone that they consider suspicious. Such reports are always treated confidentially.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    #10 PaxAeon, Jul 24, 2017
  11. Valarmorghulis
    Dead

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +792 / 20 / -287
    are you sure you know what sarcasm is? because that was genuinely not sarcasm. If the other site is so great that you constantly compare it to this one then why are you still here? ;) 

12. Carlita
    Creative

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 3 / -4
    It did sounded like sarcasm. I also noticed there isn't a lot of friendly dialogue on this site, unfortunately.

The other site I mentioned because it is runned by the same exact program as this site. The staff fashioned the site so that there is a good amount of people who can talk among their peers. It is a religious site not a LGBTQ site; so, the categories of forums are different religions and related topics. Like this site, it also has a general section.

I have been there for years but their LGBTQ section is, as I said, tucked away and you need permission just to access it. It's a religious site.

It would be obvious why I am here instead. I just suggested age related forums based off the idea that there are people older than you and I here that may want to talk among their peers.

There is no sarcasm and no harshness in what I am saying. I am actually confused why you're addressing me in this manner. It's a suggestion in the suggestion and bugs section.

Nothing more.
    Thank you got the information. I'm not familiar with the legalities and suggestion methods on this site; so, I hope my suggestion wasn't taken as an offense.
    Didn't know there was a 30+ thread. Go figure.

Thanks.

#12 Carlita, Jul 24, 2017
  13. PaxAeon
    Spaced

PaxAeon Bene Gesserit
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +857 / 0 / -16
    `
    That thought never occurred to me and thank you for bringing up this topic. :skype-happy: 

14. Angel Cid

Angel Cid Lurker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    do you have Skype

15. Being.
    Frustrated

Being. Only 5 Yen
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +486 / 1 / -8
    It's my belief to get any new sections added the sight owner must create them. And the site owner pretty much abandoned the place. I mean, it took almost year to get new moderators. So. Yeah.