1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Amazon pickup and discreet deliveries.

Discussion in 'General (Off Topic)' started by FancifulFox, Dec 7, 2019.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. FancifulFox

FancifulFox Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    So, first things first, DO NOT use this discussed service to do anything sneaky, illegal or wrong. We will NOT be responsible for its misuse.
    This is a discussion about a feature of Amazon which may be helpful to people. To make it clear We do not work for them.

I am sure shopping can be problematic for a lot of people on here.

Trans people wanting new clothes.
    Cross dressers wanting clothes.
    Hygiene products such as razors.
    Sexual products (sex toys, dildos etc) for the closeted or curious.

Amazon has a pick up service called pick up/collect or various names. You can get your delivery sent to a collection point where you can pick it up in your own time. This means it does not have to be delivered to your house directly. You could get a delivery of "other" (sorry) gender clothes delivered to a pickup point, rather than risk them being seen when delivered to your home.

This can be done on some items (UK) at no extra cost if they all qualify and pass the minimum order price.

This may help someone get things they need.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Carlita
    Creative

Carlita Aww. How adorable
    Beloved Member

Original Star Trek USS Enterprise (NCC-1701)
    Ratings:
    +770 / 2 / -4
    I think in some cases you can suggest you'll pick it up from the UPS. I think. I do know they give you an option where your boxes come to your home wrapped in amazon "clothing".

3. FancifulFox

FancifulFox Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I am not familiar with US services.
    I understand the outer packaging will not indicate what is inside (usually).
    What I mean is even if you get something delivered in a Amazon package with no information on it, the mere existence of a package may cause issues for some people if delivered to home.
    Someone may open the package and discover what is inside.
    A 'bad' seller may label what it is on the outside.

Scenario...
    Someone presenting as masculine in their everyday life wishes to buy some feminine clothing. Going to the shop may be uncomfortable. They can order feminine clothing from Amazon, choose the local pickup option so it gets delivered to a local pickup point (post office, Argos... There's many options). They then go to the pickup point and collect a non descript box. They do not have to actually buy feminine clothes in the shop. They're just picking up a box which the collection point doesn't open. They can take everything out of the box and take the feminine clothes discreetly to their space in the house with no risk of the package being opened etc like if it was delivered like usual. They then use the clothes in their room.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.