1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Am i Pan???

Discussion in 'Bisexual & Pansexual' started by positive sheep, Jun 16, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. positive sheep

positive sheep Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    TL;DR: Does being pan means you think the body isn't at all important in liking someone?

Hi, at the beggining I just want to say that English is not my first language, I'm writing on mobile phone etc. so prepare for horrors of grammar and typos.

I'm a girl (14) and recently I've been thinking about my sexuality. You see, I've identified myself as pan or bi or lesbian (as you can see, I'm still figuring this out) but I think I'm closest to pan.

But, I have just heard that pan means that you are just attracted to someone's personality/soul/mind and not there body, right? And I am attracted to every gender, not based just on the person's mind, but their bodies too. I find all bodies beautifull and a lot attractive. I feel like, in liking someone, for me the body is very important, too. Yes, the personality definetely matters the most, but I'm not sure if I could like someone without thinking their body is attractive (I have little experience, though).
    Does that mean I'm pan? Is there a label for me?

2. PokemonAnime
    Busy

PokemonAnime Dedicative Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +164 / 0 / -0
    I identify as Pan so I will do my best to try to explain it from my point-of-view. Keep in mind that every Pan person is different though, so please don't view my opinion as the only one out there in the Pan community.

Usually being Pan means an attraction to people not because of their gender but because of who they are. That doesn't mean that attraction to someone's body isn't there for a lot of people too. It simply means that the primary attraction to someone isn't based off of an individual's sex traits or their gender identity.

Someone can be Pan and still have an attraction to a specific or various body types. Some Pan people may also have no specific preference or attraction towards body types at all and have their attraction be purely focused on someone's personality.

I think that all Pan people are the same as any other sexuality and have individual preferences as to what they are attracted to.

If you feel that the label of Pan works best for you then go with it. Only you can define what a label means to you. If being Pan for you means that you are attracted to people regardless of their gender, but still have an attraction to different body types then that's perfectly fine. :) 

Edit: There are also a lot of other labels that I don't know a lot about such as biromantic, etc. Those may be worth looking into as well. Honestly, there are so many labels out there that it can be hard to keep up with all the differences without doing research or having people with different identities explain them in detail. If you are still feeling unsure of your label (if a label is important for you to have) you may need to keep on doing more research into it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
    #2 PokemonAnime, Jun 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  3. Tears
    Dead

Tears Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I would say, it's probably too early to attach one single label and state is 100%... Although it must not be your case; many Teens would like to know immediately their exact preferences... And it's not always that easy.
    Have in mind, you can be simply bisexual. Whatever, I'm amazed that at such young age you're going already to define yourself ;)  Even if just for you now, which is understandable. :) 

4. Lola Smith

Lola Smith Lurker

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    It’s quite common for people to be confused about the difference between pansexuality and bisexuality. Bisexuality is when you’re not exclusively attracted to people of one particular gender. Pansexuality, on the hand, is when you are sexually, romantically, or emotionally attracted to someone regardless of the person’s sex, gender, or how they identify. If you’re unsure of how to identify yourself, read this helpful article on what it means to be pansexual to see if this label is best suited to you. Hope this helps :) 

5. sweetnsuckulent

sweetnsuckulent Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    If am reading this and meanings of Pansexual, then I am Pansexual. Am attracted to females, male and transsexual. In face, have had an orgasm because of all 3.

6. yeeingmylasthaw
    Yeehaw

yeeingmylasthaw Disaster Pan™
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Pansexual usually means that one is attracted to all genders, and gender does not play a role in determining their attraction. Pansexuals can be attracted to people for their body types, not just personality, but gender isn't a factor in the attraction.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.