1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Afraid to die alone

Discussion in 'Gay' started by Loveme3421, Jun 24, 2018.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 8 users.
  1. Loveme3421

Loveme3421 Lurker

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My biggest fear is to die alone , Iam 24 years old, and i have never had any relationship with someone.
    I have all my heart to give, but nobody wants to take it, our community force me to have sex with people that I don't know, but Iam just a person, and i like the fact that someone touching me, but not in the sexual way.... I hate my self when I give up and go to someone, I want just one men, and just one love ❤️, forever but nobody wants the same, most of the gays act like an animals inside a big zoo called "The sex zoo" and i dont want to visit there , but sometimes my body doesn't give me any choice to decide something different, and its frustrating me , and make fell so bed about my self, I wish I could just to turn back to mt past and change everything, prefer to keep waiting for the one, but I can't, I'm just hoping that maybe here it will change:) 

2. Rivendell
    Angelic

Rivendell Ναι, θα βλάψει πάρα πολύ
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    you got this my dude :3

someone is out there for you, maybe you just haven't met em yet?

not much advice i can give other than i got your back if you need anything

3. Barefoot
    Disapproved

Barefoot Casual Observer
    Administrator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,845 / 2 / -13
    Many of us have seen the same thing. It seems like real relationships are a thing of the past but it is still possible to find one, just not as easy.

4. Scottscott

Scottscott Lurker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yes, real relationship is still possible, but not likely for most of the people (including gay and straight).
    Straight people have a need to breed and pass on their genes, so they find mates and settle for the rest of their lives, switching their focus from romantic relationship to family/child/jobs after marriage. The relationship between the two married persons are mostly about other things than themselves, such as money, childs, parents, dogs, house. They probably don't even have sex anymore. At least 50% of these straight relationship/marriages ends up in divorce court.

5. Spob
    Apelike

Spob Expert Homosexual
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 1 / -0
    You shouldn’t feel pressured to do anything and patience is key.

If you need intimate contact you can find someone worthy, may take awhile to meet people who are good for you because it’s your decision.

I have a healthy and loving committed relationship and I am in the best place in my life by far. Dating isn’t easy for anyone so do what’s best for you and you will meet someone eventually.

6. Roger
    Amused

Roger Curious Explorer
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    You're still in your 20s. I'm in my 40s and looking for someone sincere (lol) with someone younger none the less. And no, I don't wanna die alone. But just realize that finding someone that is more than "Sex" could possibly take some time. There's a lot of place to go to find sex (of course) but as far as finding the real long term relationship - unfortunately there's not an app for that.

I don't have all the awesome words of encouragement because I"m going through similar struggles, but just know that talking about it helps! Feel free to chat what you feel on here, because people like to listen and help and give advice where they can.

I think your biggest positive is that your young and you have time to find someone special (me on the other hand, lol)

7. WarriorPrincess213

WarriorPrincess213 Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    This may sound cheesy but everyone is on their own clock. Some people find who they want to spend their life with when they are 16, go to school, get a job, have kids. Some have kids, get a job, then find someone. Your clock is very different than others. My grandma didn't find the love of her life until she had all her kids and she was 60. I have all confidence that you will find someone before then but that's just an example. Just don't compare yourself to other people, it will only make you upset.

And you're only 24, barely an adult. You have tons of time!

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

8. Roger
    Amused

Roger Curious Explorer
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    It's crazy, I keep thinking I'm only one in this situation. I know it's not true but it feels that way when everywhere I go it's like seeing the lineup for the ark. Everyone heading off two by two. Or seeing people happy all the time (LOL) I'm tired of every time I go outside and it seems I see people happy and enjoying their relationship.

It's nice to have a place like this because you know people of link mind that are experiencing the same issues. When I talk to my IRL friends, they tell me the same old thing - get on with your life...you'll find someone when it's your time...deal with your own issues now - I thought I was dealing with my own issues right now - being alone and like many feeling like you're going to die alone.

For me, I just came out of a situation and for me it feels like it's over that I'm not going to find anyone that fits what I'm looking for and be able to enjoy life.

I'm sorry again for what you're feeling and YES I believe it's possible to find a real relationship...or what I call companionship.

9. Dru0511
    Nerdy

Dru0511 Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    When I talk to my IRL friends, they tell me the same old thing - get on with your life...you'll find someone when it's your time...deal with your own issues now - I thought I was dealing with my own issues right now - being alone and like many feeling like you're going to die alone.

For me, I just came out of a situation and for me it feels like it's over that I'm not going to find anyone that fits what I'm looking for and be able to enjoy life.

I'm sorry again for what you're feeling and YES I believe it's possible to find a real relationship...or what I call companionship.[/QUOTE]

It can sound very invalidating when you tell people that you fear dying alone or that you’re lonely, and people respond with “you’ll find someone”.

Personally, I would like to recognize that the longer we are single, the more we fear that there isn’t someone out there for us. I just try my best to distract myself and do the things that I like.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 4, 2018 ---
    Oops, somehow, I accidentally deleted the quotes. Sorry!

#9 Dru0511, Sep 4, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  10. zen

zen Curator, Royal Academy of Inappropriate Handshake
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +623 / 0 / -2
    Oh, I have given up all the hopes on there long ago. lol All LGBT+ have this same fear. I always think we should start LGBT+ elderly homes or share houses in every cities. I'm actually thinking of doing that with my house when I get older. lol This might turn out ugly, though. lol

#10 zen, Sep 7, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  11. Roger
    Amused

Roger Curious Explorer
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    I'm not in the land of totally giving up quite yet, but it seems this week I came dangerously close to saying maybe I should just stop looking - and technically I have because deleted all the gay apps off my phone because they're not worth anything unless you pay and I don't want to pay.

At the end of the week, I always go through this thing where I hope that someone would just stop by and sweep me off my feet and take me to the beach - LOL. I have this thing about sitting at the beach and having my moment, but it seems it becomes more more unreachable.

I think a big thing for me is that I don't have any closure with my so-called online relationship. Again, I don't know why I'm calling it a relationship because I think it stopped being a relationship when I was always pleading for time and he was staying offline more, and seeing my pleading as arguing. In my mind, I feel like it's over but in my heart it is still too hard to let go of, because I fell so hard emotionally in love with HIM that when everyone tells me to let go it's like - How the heck do I do that?

And it's hard to believe sometimes that it's over because of how we talked to each other at the beginning. I know that there were so many red flags that I should've been aware of and I wish that I didn't fall as hard as I did, but since I did - I'm just having a hard time getting around NOT ever being with him. Not when the discussion of "marriage" and "partnership" comes up in discussion. You would think that we were closer than what it is right now.

Distracting myself? It's hard to distract yourself when your focus has been this person for a whole year. I think that's what people have a hard time understanding with me. When I focus on something, and if I can't get it - I get sad and emotionally broken - because in my head I already thought I was going to to have it. And it makes everything else that I would work on like it's not important and I can't focus enough to do it.

Ugh!

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.