1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Bisexual Advice?

Discussion in 'Bisexual & Pansexual' started by quarantine, Jun 12, 2019.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. quarantine
    Crappy

quarantine Hannah

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey!

About 2 years ago I realised I was bisexual; and I love it! I'm definitely proud of it and I love the LGBT+ community so so much.

However, I live with my strict Muslim parents (I can't move out just yet,) and they've mentioned on multiple occasions that they're not comfortable with the idea of anything that isn't strictly heterosexual.

I find it really difficult to "hide" my bisexuality, as I do have a girlfriend at the moment. I'm not ready to come out yet, but is there any way that I can push them to be a little more open-minded at least?

Cheers, and have a nice day :) 

2. Ling
    Relaxed

Ling Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Maybe you can find some news about LGBT people adopting abandoned children and giving them a second chance, or doing charity, and show them to your parents, or look on the Internet if some of their favorite actors/celebrities are LGBT. That may help them realize LGBT people aren't some abstract community out there, they're just as normal as straight people, and they are everywhere around us just like straight people

3. Ganymede
    Bookworm

Ganymede Activist

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I definitely agree with Ling. Do you have any supportive members in your family who would be in your corner and help to broaden your parents’ horizons?

4. quarantine
    Crappy

quarantine Hannah

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm fully out to my older brother - he's fine with it, though he thinks it's best not to tell them. I think I'll have to gradually try and help my parents become more accepting of the LGBT+ community. Thanks!

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.