1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Advice?

Discussion in 'General (Off Topic Lounge)' started by Skylar657, Nov 8, 2018.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Skylar657
    Anime Lover

Skylar657 Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    So my school is pretty normal, except for my grade. I have the absolute WORST grade that I could've ever landed in. If you don't believe me, I can tell you of multiple time swastikas were drawn in our bathrooms. Next, I'm a Wiccan, if you don't know what Wicca is, it's an earth centered spirituality that believes in witchcraft. I do practice witchcraft but only for rituals and ceremonies that are pertinent to my religion, and yet, people at my school say that it's fake and that I'm stupid for believing in magic.

I don't know what to do, I've already contacted the school, but it can be a tad embarrassing to talk about. My parents know too. I need your advice on what to do, I just don't know how to handle this anymore

Thanks
    Skylar

2. ConfusedButHappy
    Dreaming

ConfusedButHappy Explorer.
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Hey,

I used to go to a boys school.
    Swastikas in the bathroom weren't even flinched at. The word "f****t" was used freely. The majority of my class were atheists, so I was also singled out due to my beliefs from time to time.

Despite all of these things, I have found that just being respectful towards everyone in my grade (even if I initially thought they sucked) made life a lot easier. By our final year everyone had calmed down, no rivalries, and we all just accepted each other (in most cases).

I've also known a few Wiccans and in my experience they all tended to alienate themselves from the rest of my grade, almost intentionally (Not that I assume all Wiccans are like this).

Obviously I am not a strong supporter of witchcraft, being Christian and all, but I'll give you my biased advice anyway:
    - Lower your guard a bit. Kids do insensitive things and that's just how it is. You don't have to join in, but attacking or opposing them won't help. You won't be in school forever so pick your battles carefully.
    - Being less judgemental of others (not that you are, but it happens) will make them less judgemental of you.
    - Be careful not to find comfort in alienating yourself. I don't know if it's the same for everyone else, but I've always wanted to feel different. In some cases I tried too hard to make myself different than everyone else and it was silly. We tend to have more in common with our peers than we want to admit and it is this common ground that should be bringing us together, not pushing us apart.

I'm sorry for the long response - I had to make a lot of assumptions and tried to give a broad answer as I can't deduce your entire situation from your post.

I truly hope your fellow classmates do some maturing and start respecting your beliefs.

Good luck!

3. Skylar657
    Anime Lover

Skylar657 Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Thank you! I'll keep this in mind

4. Boy Alice

Boy Alice ALL ROUND COLOR WIZARD

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    So I’m a satanist. I have used the dark arts in the past and have experienced things that have made me believe in powers outside this world. Over time I have come to shrugg off disbelievers and naysayers for the very fact that I know my personal truth. I suggest u find ur truth, analyze it, learn it, and hold onto it. Focus on ur experience. Outside opinions on your experience are innately irrelevant. Stay strong!! Much love

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.