1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Advice on coming out?

Discussion in 'Bisexual' started by kassidieeee, Jan 6, 2018.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. kassidieeee

kassidieeee Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    So, I'm already out to two people, and they're some of my closest friends. There are maybe four other people that I'm really close to and can trust that I feel like I should tell. But, I'm really not sure how to do it. One of the people that I'm out to just asked me if I was bi or gay, because they just suspected it I guess, and I just told them. The other person just kind of connected the dots, we never really talked about it seriously but they know. So I haven't exactly come out on my own yet. Three of these four people kinda think I might be bi so, that may not be that hard. But the other person has absolutely no idea, and I don't know what their views are on this kind of stuff so I'm nervous to see their reaction. Any tips on how to go about coming out to them?

2. Bevskater
    Sad

Bevskater Great Learner
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 1 / -0
    Be ready for any response that you might get even if it's not something that you want to hear necessarily. Unfortunately there's always that risk of potential losing a friend when you tell them but hopefully if they are truly your friend they will except you.

Make sure when you come out to them that you do so calm and collectively if you know what I mean. Don't act all weird about having to tell them, it's your choice when and how you tell them. So do you so when you're ready :) 

I don't know if this really helps that much but I hope it does

3. kassidieeee

kassidieeee Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thank you so much! I agree with being ready for any response I could get. I get that some people won't support it, but I really hope the people that are important to me do. Your comment helped so much

4. William M
    Wishful

William M Reliable Contributor
    Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    My wife is out, since 1991 to many, and only recently to her family. Nobody has cared at all. She was hesitant about telling her sister and I told her sister. Mary worried, and the only thing Mary's sister wanted to know was why Mary would worry. She only came to realize she is bisexual late in life, but that was due to traumas in early life.

I suppose some people might not accept you, but they don't deserve to know you.

Yes, this might be different for young people. Maybe young people are more critical of each other?

What do you achieve by coming out? The freedom to act toward other girls the way you would like to?

You could always just act the way you want to act, and let them ask. My wife flirts with other women all the time. She has never worried about them knowing she is sexually attracted to them.

Be well

5. Bevskater
    Sad

Bevskater Great Learner
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 1 / -0
    I'm glad I could help :) 

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.