1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

A Rant about Something That Happened today (advice needed)

Discussion in 'General (Off Topic Lounge)' started by Thief King Bakura, Jun 11, 2019.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Thief King Bakura
    Balanced

Thief King Bakura Emperor of the Resistance
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +3,542 / 0 / -7
    Warning: Contains a pissed off rant and lots of cussing.

===========

I wasn't sure if I wanted to talk about this but I need to talk about this. So I was on my way downtown on the bus to a free computer class that is held there every Tuesday afternoon. I had planned to go just for something to do.

So I was on the bus....minding my business, and then....my phone rings. Who was calling was my program coordinator for my supported community living workers. So my new SCL worker just so happened to be available to meet at the most INCONVENIENT AS FUCK time..and apparently we were scheduled to meet at my apartment this afternoon. I wasn't made aware of this AT ALL!

So I get off the bus, I'm fuming, as I'm talking to her, Scottish accent coming out cuz I'm pissed..she said we'd meet at the nearest KFC, so I pushed down my frustrations as best as I could and made my way over there (it wasn't far from where I got off the bus.) I head inside, use the restroom, stomach growling from smelling the food from KFC, and as I came out of the bathroom, there they were. The service coordinator (we'll call her Fran), the lady who would be taking over as program coordinator (she'll be Jane), and my new SCL worker (let's call her Jasmine.)

Fran, Jane, and Jasmine were all smiles as they sat down to a table. I wasn't happy as you can imagine..I basically gave Fran a glare of pissed off ferocity. I couldn't answer her questions without trying to shove down my frustrations through gritted teeth. I'm quite good at faking some kind of forced civility.

Fran asks, "How long do we have?" Trying not to cuss her out on the spot, I gave her an even glare as I tried to keep my tone civil.

"Ten minutes." I said, keeping my tone as even as I could, anger briefly escaping in my voice. She said that was a bit short. I thought, "You should have thought of that before Fucking calling me and expecting me to drop everything last ass minute to meet Jasmine." I didn't say that but I wanted to.

The meeting was terse, forced, and rehearsed. Jasmine does seem nice. It wasn't her fault that Fran is such a scatter brain. Same thing with Jane, not her fault either.i was able to somehow remain civil with them throughout this "meeting." I don't anger easily, but expecting me to drop everything for something I wasn't even made aware of is Fucking unprofessional as fuck!

I'm not as riled up as I was this afternoon. I did make it to my computer class. Fran felt bad and gave me a ride to my computer class by I was already an hour late. Wasn't happy..still not too happy about it now. It pissed me off. I'm sorry but what happened this afternoon was NOT COOL at all. I don't do well with last minute derails like this. I had no notice, no text earlier that morning, no nothing! Just "we're all gonna meet up now." Not cool. Not cool.

So yeah, had to vent about that. Have you had something similar happen to you? Did somebody change plans or expect you to do something when you already had plans? What pissed me off was that I was on the bus, heading down town, expected to drop everything..I should have said no and rescheduled and continued to make.my way to my computer class. Next time that's probably what I will do. Fran needs to let me know ahead of time when something like this is going to happen and I would have stayed home if she had said something about it. Just wow ...I don't even know how to even with this....just wow.

Yeah rant over...names were changed for privacy reasons. I apologise for cussing a lot. I was just very pissed off when I wrote this as the event was still fresh in my mind.

#1 Thief King Bakura, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  2. BiBiLife
    No Mood

BiBiLife Whatsername
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,623 / 2 / -4
    Fran needs to understand that you have a life of your own and cannot simply drop everything to make a meeting. Prior notice is a basic courtesy she should have given you.

3. AudryLeigh
    Alone

AudryLeigh Proud tGirl

Ratings:
    +2,664 / 0 / -31
    I would have [politely] told her, "I'm sorry, but I'm not available at this time. We'll have to reschedule, and please let me know in advance if you want me to be available at a specific time." I'd have told her that, even if I had nothing else to do -- kind of a lesson to her to have her shit more together.

Hugs and lots of love,
    Audry

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Thief King Bakura
    Balanced

Thief King Bakura Emperor of the Resistance

Ratings:
    +3,542 / 0 / -7
    First of all, thank you for your advice and feedback. It means a lot and makes me feel a lot less alone in this. Thank you, I appreciate all of you.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

UPDATE 6 - 12 - 19

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

I worked with my new *SCL worker, Jasmine (name made up for privacy reasons) this morning. Jasmine is nice for the most part. She wasn't too bad, it will take me some time to get to know her as it does with working with anyone new. My first impressions of her she's nice enough, a little pushy (will wait to see if that will become an issue later on), and she seems to be ok. She's a bit absorbed in her phone enough to be kind of a red flag, but she deals with work emails from the *SCL company.

I will be working with her regularly on Tuesdays. So hopefully the next time around, this will be less awkward between us. She brought up the incident yesterday, didn't seem to have shown any remorse...so that's also a bit of a red flag.....I don't know. I'm willing to give Jasmine a chance. I don't know her well and hopefully that will change. Only time will tell.

-+-+-+-+-+-+

*SCL is Supported Community living.

-+-+-+-+-+-+

One more thing I just thought of that I'd like to add....

While Jasmine was mostly nice to my boy, River. She had a couple instances of being a bit mean to him. One was where she tried to make him get off the counter. I don't care if he's on my kitchen counter at all..it's ok. I told her that. The second, is she kind of roughly shoved River out of the way to keep him from getting in the dishwasher. That's fine. But she could have (NICELY) picked him up and moved him somewhere else. This is what I do when he's getting into somewhere he shouldn't be. I pick him up and put him somewhere else. I'm not mean about it. Just something else that I remembered that bothered me about her.

Again she is mostly nice to my boy, River. But we will see what happens. I'm keeping an eye on her.

#4 Thief King Bakura, Jun 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2019

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.