1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Transgender A bit embarrassing....

Discussion in 'Transgender' started by Beryll, Aug 9, 2018.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. Beryll
    Tired

Beryll Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -1
    Hay there wonderful people.
    I'm a pre-everything trans guy, sitting in front of my computer, wanting to buy my first binders.
    I'm not from America and honestly can't wait weeks/months until my order ships to my place, so I have exactly one online shop, where I can buy binders.
    Which leads me to a problem: The sizing is measured with the girth from under your chest and I - sadly - have big breasts. (If someone wants to trade and has a magician at her side - call me!) So I have no idea if the binders would fit.
    Is it more problematic to bind while having a bigger cup size?
    I also have the problem, that I feel like suffocating pretty easily. So I can't risk ordering something that is even slightly too small.
    Can someone answer my questions?
    Thank you all for being here!

2. Winnie Rinn
    Wishful

Winnie Rinn Demigirl and Pansexual
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -2
    Hi! I'm not trans, but I really want to help, so I tried some research...I don't know if this will help at all but I'll give it a go.
    It looks like it will be a bit more difficult to get the binder on and wear it, and might be a bit more uncomfortable, but if you just take it off as soon as you can in the evening (or whenever) that should help. Doubling up binders should help to get you a flatter chest, as one binder might not be sufficient, depending on your chest size. Can you send orders back on this site? If you can, just try your luck with getting a binder that says it'll fit, and if it's too big, just order the next size up and send the previous one back.
    Best of luck, and sorry if this wasn't helpful!

3. Molko
    Caffeine Fix

Molko You can't kill me. I'm not alive.
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    I began binding using bandages - layering on crepe and a large elasticated one which helped as a temporary solution before I got my first binder. So that maybe helpful for the waiting period to experiment. And then to check your flattened size.

I have had my weight fluctuate over the years and was heavy chested so for that time I used a front zip binder from Tkingdom - they were mildly comfortable, easily breathable material. Alot less claustrophobic then a vest. I have had to adapt at times according to my body, and been through a few different styles. Also binders can loosen over time as they wear. Eventually found the best one for me, a double compression vest from underworks.

I found I had to work with my chest, you kind of adjust them down and to the side, in a way that works for you. Unfortunately, sometimes you may find that you have to send them back. If you can afford it I'd recommend buying two sizes and then you can see which works best and then send one back for the right size and get the replacement one sent in a different colour - I have them in both black and white for wearing shirts and also it's ideal since it is underwear, so it's good to have multiple to rotate in the wash.

Binders aren't comfortable physically and they can be different. I'm asthmatic and find at times the pressure on my chest is really irritating but it's something that I'm used to. If your going to wear it everyday, make sure it's right and be patient.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    #3 Molko, Aug 9, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  4. Zannan
    Elated

Zannan Great Learner
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -1
    Unfortunately, I know from experience it is harder to bind with a bigger chest. Possible but, hard. Go by the sizes and if none match then sadly, you might be out of luck.

5. AudryLeigh
    Curious

AudryLeigh Proud tGirl
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,343 / 0 / -28
    Hey Beryll,

I believe Amazon ships World Wide, and since binders aren't large or heavy, the cost of expedited overseas shipping might not be too bad. Just a thought.

Hugs,
    Audry Leigh

6. Beryll
    Tired

Beryll Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -1
    Thank you all for your comments.
    I texted the company directly. Depending on the answer, I might have to buy them somewhere from far away.
    Being patient is really hard. Thank you.

7. Beryll
    Tired

Beryll Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -1
    Update:
    Bought two different designs from the shop in my country. They don't fit under my bust, they are always too big. But are fitting around my bust. Wouldn't buy a smaller size, also because they don't move too much.
    I'm so glad I have them

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.