1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

80’s Music chatter

Discussion in 'TV & Music' started by Ramen_Wrath, Jul 25, 2018.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 10 users.
  1. Jayme82
    Movie Buff

Jayme82 Well-Known Ambassador
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,100 / 0 / -3
    I love the cheap monsters and effects of the 80s too I like to watch bad horror movies and get a good laugh at how bad they are
    I also like to watch 80s horror movie trailers on YouTube there are some great outrageous ones if you have the time take a look
    I used to have nightmares when I was younger mostly about Freddy Krueger I was stuck on Elm Street with him chasing me around trying to kill me I still won't watch A Nightmare On Elm Street alone I also had bad dreams after watching The Ring I like the Japanese original better Ringu and Ju-on I love watching Japanese horror movies I have quite a few in my collection and watch all I can find on YouTube
    I also have movies from all over Asia China,Thailand,Korea,Cambodia and Taiwan
    Stephen King is my author I'm currently reading his newest book The Outsider The Mist movie isn't as good as the book but it's ok
    I'm here anytime you want to talk about horror movies I might be able to help you find some to watch I think 976-Evil is on YouTube if you want to watch it check out the trailer first to see if you might like to watch it

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. zen

zen Curator, Royal Academy of Inappropriate Handshake
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +421 / 0 / -1
    Yeah, I do that, too, that's the one big reason I used to watch horror movies. Some horror movies are really bad they are so good for laugh such as Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. LOL There are scenes that clearly made to be laughed at in some serious horror movies, too, right? LOL

Yeah, I will def check trailers on YouTube when I need a good laugh and to check my tolerance on 976-Evil. LOL Wow, chased by Freddy in dream must be a real terror! It's a good thing I don't have dreams with actual movie characters appearing or I will shit in my bed. LOL

I can't watch Japanese horror movies, though I have watched both of The Ring/Ringu and Ju-on LOL, because those ghost women with long black hair are deeply ingrained in most of Japanese' scare-sensors so much since childhood (there are many ghost stories with such women) that we can't help but imagining them popping up in any moment of our lives, some of us can't stand them. LOL

Yeah, Stephen King's stories are never good in movies for some reason. TV movie version of The Langoliers was good, though. I've stopped reading his works or any fictions for a while, but I miss the thrill now I might start reading again. Do you also read Neil Gaiman?

If you are interested in horror Manga, I recommend reading works by Junji Ito. You can read many of his works on internet for free.

#22 zen, Aug 1, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  3. Ramen_Wrath

Ramen_Wrath Lonely Nugget
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    It’s funny to think that people can like so many of the same things. I only named two movies because that’s the stuff that comes to mind. One thing that is also incredibly nostalgic is blockbuster. That place was the go to on a Friday night with my dad and my sibling. I can remember it so vividly. Just rows and rows of movies that I can remember so fondly. It’s one of those things that just makes me happy to think about.

4. Jayme82
    Movie Buff

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,100 / 0 / -3
    I do read Neil Gaiman I think the books of his that have been turned into movies are pretty good
    I love Attack of the Killer Tomatoes I've seen all 4 movies that movie reminds me of 2 more The Blob (which they are remaking) and Killer Klowns from outer space those are 2 of my favorite cheesy B horror movies
    I will check out Junji Ito Manga I like Tokyo Ghoul have you read it?

5. Barefoot
    Daring

Barefoot Casual Observer
    Administrator Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,671 / 2 / -12
    I must have listened to too much 60s and early 70s music too often. I used to really like it but it seems boring now, much of it. For me, the 80s and 90s music is the best. I have a wide and varied taste in music.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. zen

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +421 / 0 / -1
    I even miss the smell of Blockbuster, what's with that smell there off the carpet??? LOL I used to go there when I was studying in US, and was delighted to find the movie "Gohatto" about gay samurais. LOL Movie buff paradise. \(^o^)/

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. zen

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +421 / 0 / -1
    I've enjoyed American Gods season 1 with characters from other of his books I've read when I was a teenager. There's already season 2 and I have to catch up with it!

I had no idea ATKT crue had 4 other movies. LOL They must have made a lot of money off the first one! I checked The Blob on YouTube and it's pretty good! Do you have any idea what the movie is called that's about the tons of worms (fake rubber worms) killing people? That one was hilarious! LOL

8. Jayme82
    Movie Buff

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,100 / 0 / -3
    The movie your thinking of is Squirm funny enough I watched it not long ago I love it there's alot of great 80s movies with killer creatures like roaches,slugs,frogs,fish,spiders and birds
    Check out the trailer for the movie The Stuff it's about killer yogurt it's actually a pretty good movie like The Blob and not as weird as it sounds

#28 Jayme82, Aug 1, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  9. mari8
    Psychedelic

mari8 Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    love it. Joy, Modern Talking, C.C.Catch, Sandra, Fancy... <3

10. zen

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +421 / 0 / -1
    Squirm, got it! That one was hilarious in how actors pretended being consumed by clearly a tons of rubber strings. lol Gawd, Killer yogurt...? LOOOL I’ll def check it out. lol Oh, how I love those Americans making silly silly movies. What the heck came to their mind? lol I also used to love movies with insects in monsterous sizes, they were mesmerising...they proly are a lot older movies since they were on tv when I was in elementary scool.

11. Jayme82
    Movie Buff

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,100 / 0 / -3
    Yeah I love giant creature movies most of which are from the 50s but one of my favorites is Empire Of The Ants(1977) watching giant radioactive ants attack people is alot of fun
    I also like Eaten Alive(1976) about a killer crocodile Robert Englund who played Freddy Krueger is in it it's his first movie it's also directed by Tobe Hooper who directed Texas Chainsaw Massacre
    Not alot of people know Peter Jackson director of Lord Of The Rings started out in horror movies in his Native New Zealand his first two movies were horror movies Bad Taste(1987) and Dead Alive(AKA Brain Dead)(1992) if you haven't seen them I highly recommend them but they are wild and crazy movies with tons of slapstick comedy gore buckets and buckets of blood not for the squeamish
    Bad Taste is about evil pig aliens and Dead Alive(Brain Dead) is about a zombie outbreak check out the trailers to see if you may be interested I know those 2 movies are not for everyone but if you like those type of movies they are two of the best of their kind and cult classics

12. zen

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +421 / 0 / -1
    Wow, you have no horror movies you don't know, amazing! That's the one I watched, Empire Of The Ants! I still remember that boat being ruined by ants and felt really sorry. lol God this much nostalgia! There are also giant bees/spider movies that's burnt in my memory... Oh! Maybe you can provide the title of that horror movie, which must have been from 70s, I only remember bits and bits of the scenes, but the story starts from bunch of young people visiting a mansion possessed by ghosts and stayed there for a while, of course to be killed one by one. And at the end 2 or 3 people escaped the building unharmed at the end and looked back to find a female ghost watching them. I think the female ghost was good one and helped them escape...? Does it ring a bell for you?

I can't tolerate Texas Chainsaw Massacre! That much irrationality and cruel violent killing without much explanation sickens me, while Freddy Krueger has mischievous side we can laugh at, and very creative way for murder. lol I'd proly enjoy those 2 movies by Peter Jackson. The gaps between these movies and LOTR are just amazing, btw. lol Talking about New Zealand, my favorite recent horror comedy is What We Do in the Shadows, the movie is really sweet and silly, they make me feel like I'm drugged. lol

13. Jayme82
    Movie Buff

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,100 / 0 / -3
    The bee horror movies I know of are The Swarm,The Bees,Killer Bees,The Deadly Bees,Deadly Invasion:The Killer Bee Nightmare,Buzz,Terror Out Of The Sky and The Savage Bees I hope one of those is the one your thinking of
    I've seen What We Do In The Shadows it's a good movie I just read it's going to be turned into a TV series which I will have to watch

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.