1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

2020 - Your Thoughts?

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by unfxcused, Dec 1, 2019 at 4:58 PM.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 7 users.
  1. unfxcused
    Thinking

unfxcused Certified Musical Garbage

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    So, here in America the 2020 race to the presidency is hotter than ever - 18 Democrats and a few Republicans, as well as some third party candidates, are fighting for a chance to appear on the national stage. Both of the major parties have been facing a rift, between the Progressives and the Moderates on the Democratic side and the Moderates an the God-Knows-What-You-Even-Call-It, Trump-loyalists on the Republican side.

So, what are your thoughts on how the race is developing? Who do you currently support? Is there anybody else you'd like to see run?

2. Bakabakabaka

Bakabakabaka Bonefide pizza connoisseur
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -3
    As an outsider to the US im gonna state my thoughts which might get me some hate on this forum but they are more thoughts. I hate the democrats. Hate them with a passion. They are the reason trump is doing well and they are the reason he might win 2020 because they can't pull their stuff together and actually focus on putting foward a cogent campaign. All they have done so far is hound after trump in fruitless attempts to oust him which have resulted in nothing and they don't have a single strong candidate among them. Some like warren or berny but they are not strong and they continue to fight among themselves instead of unifying and going head to head with trump which is what it would take to oust him. Constantly wasting the publics tax going on ghost hunts is NOT cutting it. Not that i like the republicans anyway and I would still vote dem but i think at this moment in time they are in danger of handing trump 2020 on a silver platter I have seen a lot of posts on this forum that praise the impeachment push but honestly it is a TOTAL carcrash and is just turning the dems into more and more of a laughing stock.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    #2 Bakabakabaka, Dec 1, 2019 at 5:06 PM
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2019 at 5:08 PM
  3. Corvus
    Chatty

Corvus Agender chatterbox
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,079 / 0 / -0
    You just saved me a whole lot of typing. I think the average European (don't have much contact with people outside Europe) looks at the US 2020 election campaign and thinks "wtf is going on there?". I'll be honest, I've seen more productive "debates" at my local fish market...
    I don't get the system as a whole...candidates focus less on what they're going to do than they do on what their opponent promised and cannot deliver. It's petty and frustrating.

4. Bakabakabaka

Bakabakabaka Bonefide pizza connoisseur
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -3
    I agree wholeheartedly if the dems just pulled their sh** together and united behind one candidate i can almost guarentee trump would lose 2020 he is in a shaky enough position as it is with his approvals but dems just can't seem to do that, they are constantly squabbling amongst themselves like children and pouring all of their resources on this impeachment sham have you guys seen how patehtic some of the supposed witnesses are? " i heard it from a guy that overheard another guy who heard trump saying something bad" literally boils down to that in some cases. ... like really? it really really grinds my gears. Sorry to rant this probably wasn't the solidarity or positivity you were hoping for op but honestly i could not be more dissapointed in the democrats.

5. Corvus
    Chatty

Ratings:
    +1,079 / 0 / -0
    The problem is that the impeachment is just the democrats playing with themselves since it won't matter anyway because the Senate...well, because the Senate is the Senate...
    I've said this in another post...doesn't really matter what you say as a candidate, as long as you add the words "God", "freedom" and "constitution". Then it's an automatic standing ovation. The content of the message is largely unimportant and I feel sad seeing it because I think the average American is better than that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. purplewaves

purplewaves Lurker

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    there are no two things that go together better than democrats and totally useless infighting

7. DamnGurl

DamnGurl Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I don't live in America. I used to follow all the politics there (I follow the american politics but not in my own country) but I haven't really paid too much attention this time around. I'm so busy with everything else in my life but I'm very sure when the time is near for the election I will be paying attention. Because who becomes president in America has such an impact on the rest of the world. Sorry to say if they elect Trump again I give up hope in America and the american people.

I do understand the "good" things he stands for but you just don't elect racists.

8. BiBiLife
    Loved

BiBiLife Forever in debt to your priceless advice.
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,517 / 2 / -5
    They have done nothing but attack Trump. It would have been better to let him self-destruct with his big mouth and incessant tweeting. I'll probably still vote for whomever they choose, though.

9. Thief King Bakura
    Kickass

Thief King Bakura I solenmly swear I am Up to no good.
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +4,480 / 0 / -6
    Now the democratic candidates are down to roughly 15 now. Kamala Harris dropped out, so did Steve Bullock, and some other guy I can't be bothered to look up right at this very moment. Point is, the field has been narrowed down by a tiny margin. We no longer have 2 dozen candidates to keep track of which is a relief. I'm just hoping for somebody that can kick Trump's ass at this point. I'm sick of the way things are and are going and stuff has got to change. Yes, dems do a lot of infighting but so do republicans as well. We get more done when we work together but that isn't likely to happen for awhile.

The reality is that we have a very divided country that needs to be healed. Whoever wins the democratic nomination needs to have enough common sense to be able to speak across the aisle. Most Americans, while they may vote dem or republican are out here, having issues, and they need somebody in office who is going to try to get shit done. I don't know how, I don't know when, but something has to change.

This election is probably the most important election in our lifetime. The reason it is so important is because our nation, our national security, our democracy, everything is at stake. Like Kamala said, justice is on the ballot, equality is on the ballot. This is why if you live in the United States and are of voting age, y'all need to get out there and vote in November 2020. Your vote does matter, even if you think it doesn't, it DOES!

I've talked to a few people IRL who say that "politics doesn't affect them." Uh, yes it does. It affects me, it affects minorities civil rights, LGBTQ rights, the list goes on. Democracy will be on the ballot in November of 2020. We simply cannot afford another 4 years of a dumpster fire administration like the one we got now. It has to end. It just does. I agree that nothing will probably come out of the impeachment inquiry. That being said, this is why the American people must go out and vote next year. Do we want another 4 years of Putin's bitch or do we want our country back? I don't know about y'all but I want my country back. Not that it was never ever perfect. Government, yes even the USA government is/has been corrupt as fuck. Point is, are you willing to take a stand? I am.
    [​IMG]

10. Corvus
    Chatty

Ratings:
    +1,079 / 0 / -0
    Agreed Bakura, and it's not even just your country; he's destabilising the whole world!
    Also, didn't know Kamala had dropped out. I knew she was sinking but didn't think she was going to jump out that quickly...sadly it seems that there's always more wanting to come aboard...Bloomberg, really? Does he think that dropping almost $60 million in ads is what's going to get him the presidency? Didn't he learn anything from the last rich dude who tried that? Well, even Bernie is a millionaire now so what do I know? :p 

11. Thief King Bakura
    Kickass

Ratings:
    +4,480 / 0 / -6
    I agree with everything you have said here.

Yeah, Bloomberg isn't going to make it very far. On top of that, he is planning on skipping the first few major states (like Iowa) to run his campaign. Big mistake. He's very out of touch and I don't think he's got what it takes. He's another idiot who is going to fall down harder than a tower of Jinga bricks. I don't see him going far in my opinion. He won't get the support he needs because he's skipping crucial states that could help him. Just dumb. dumb as hell. 0.o

You're right, Trump is screwing up the world. He's (supposedly) the leader of the free world and that by itself is quite terrifying. Bernie is a millionaire but he's at least willing to stand up for America. We can no longer play it safe. Playing "safe" is what got Donald Trump elected! The days of "playing it safe" are OVER! We need somebody who is a bold progressive who can go in and (maybe) put things back to the way they were or at the very least, restore our fucking sanity! Will they fix everything overnight? Oh hell no. The government was long fucked up way before Trump scammed his way into his office. He's just merely exploiting an already broken system and making it worse.

Bloomberg is a hypocrite. Nobody will vote for a candidate, or rather nobody with a brain would vote for BLoomberg just for dropping wads of cash on bullshit adds. Gonna take more than pretty words to change this already fucked up mess we're in. I don't know what the answer is, but anything (besides BLoomberg or Trump) is better than the fucktards in office right now.

12. Corvus
    Chatty

Ratings:
    +1,079 / 0 / -0
    Mostly Bloomberg is going to take in rats from sinking ships (people working for other candidates who are pulling out and trying to get somewhere like it works by osmosis or something...)
    I have to say, as much as I like the Obama/Biden memes Biden is clueless (and creepy) as hell so I'm worried about him being in the lead. Warren is too "let's try to not alienate anyone by trying (and failing) to make everyone happy". Plus the way she speaks makes me think she's keeping more hidden than she's showing...Buttigieg and Booker are more cute than useful and I don't even know the name or anyone else running, which kind of says a lot...which leaves Bernie, which personally I think screams too much and plans too little but he seems to be the lesser evil (and he has AOC in his corner, which strangely gives him some credibility in my eyes).

Of course me being European none of this matters because I don't get a vote but yeah, underwhelming choices to put it mildly...

13. Thief King Bakura
    Kickass

Ratings:
    +4,480 / 0 / -6
    I personally like Elizabeth Warren. I think she's one of the more authentic candidates as is Bernie. I am kind of torn between her and Bernie to support. I also think that Biden is very clueless but to be honest, he's a lot better than the orange asshole in office now. I don't know to be honest. Anyone at this point is better than the orange fucktard in office. I like Pete aka Edgyboot and Booker, they're ok. Again, anyone is better than the orange fucktard we have now. And of course there's his assmonkies....oi vey...

14. unfxcused
    Thinking

unfxcused Certified Musical Garbage

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I can't really see Booker holding out in the race too much longer. His RCP average is hanging at 2%, and so far he has failed to qualify for the debate in December. His campaign even pleaded for donations in late September. In my opinion, his voice along with Kamala Harris's is much more needed in the Senate right now than on the campaign trail.

Buttigieg, however, is something of a rising star in the race as he recently surpassed the 10% average polling threshold. Even with this though, he can't easily win with such low support among black voters.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.